16- "You didn't answer"

When my aunt pulled away from me she was crying. "Don't ever scare me like that again Avery. I thought you were gone."

I couldn't help but get teary eyed. I turned my eyes to Colin and remember the words he had said to me.

"That's not how I wanted to meet you either Colin," I said with a grin. My aunt look confused, but Colin looked stunned.

"You heard me."

I nodded, "I heard everything. It was weird. I could hear and feel but I couldn't open my eyes or breath on my own," I turned to Aunt Charlie, "I saw them. In the light, I saw them. I went to them and was reaching out to grab her hand. But then I heard Adam's voice and I left them to come back to you guys. Everyone helped me to choose to come back here. Everyone here is my family, maybe not all by blood, but still, my family. When I woke up, nobody was here. All I wanted to do was see my family. I used everything I had to just open my eyes."

They both looked stunned now. "Adam couldn't handle seeing you like this so he stopped coming here. He hasn't given up though Avery, believe me. Tessa came but couldn't handle to see you like that either. I can call them both if you'd like," Aunt Charlie said.

I nodded eagerly. After she was done she turned to me. "Adam didn't answer and Tessa is still sleeping and her mom didn't want to wake her. She hasn't gotten a lot of sleep lately."

I nodded with a slight frown. A nurse came in with a smile on her face. "Good news, were letting you go home today. Your vitals look good so you could leave now if you'd like."

She left with that and I turned to my aunt. "I'll be back with clothes."

"Call Adam again!" I yelled to her as she left. She nodded and 10 minutes later she was back.

"He didn't answer. I also brought crutches for you," She said.

I nodded and with help to the bathroom I changed. I ended up getting help with my aunt to take a shower since I was nasty. She got bags from a nurse to put over my leg and my arm.

So now I was being driven to Adam's house because he didn't want to answer. I knocked on the front door and his cousin answered. I quickly put a finger to my lips and he whispered to me.

"Welcome back, he's in his room. His door isn't locked so you can just walk in."

I nodded and slowly got up the stairs. I heard music blasting from Adam's room, but then again my ears were pretty sensitive.

I pushed open his door and he was lying on his bed facing the wall. I went over to his stereo and pushed the power button.

"What the hell!" He yelled. He sat up and turned around with an angry expression. He met my eyes and his eyes went wide.

"You didn't answer."

He quickly got up and ran to me, squeezing me in a hug. I dropped my crutches and wrapped my arms around him. He was gripping my shirt, and wetting it with his tears.

"God dammit Avery," He said pulling away and kissing me. I kissed him back and it started getting hotter and hotter. By now we were making out, but at one point you have to breath. So we pulled away from each other and I rested my forehead against his.

"I missed seeing you. I could hear, and feel. You saved me from making the wrong decision. As cliche as that sounds it's true."

"You scared me so bad," he said bringing me in for another hug. "I thought I lost you Avery. I didn't know if you were ever gonna wake up. I'm so glad your back."

"I'm glad I'm back too Adam. So damn glad," I whispered into his chest.

He rested his chin on the crown of my head and just held me. It was what he needed and what I needed.

I didn't know where my feelings came from. One day he I was my best friend and the next he was kissing me.

It all changed a month and a half ago when I became his girlfriend. What this meant was I had less time with Adam.

He had a football scholarship and would be leaving when he graduates. I still have another year of high school to go.

It was almost May. I had no idea what I was going to do without him. I've fallen hard for this one right here.

"Adam," I said quietly.

He hummed in response.

"When you leave for college. Don't forget about me."

"Not possible Avery. I could never forget about you."

I smiled into his chest. He picked me up and we laid on his bed with my resting my head on his chest.

"I'll talk to you every chance I get. I'll visit when I get the chance too. You don't have to worry Av."

I nodded sleepily and I soon fell asleep to Adams heart beating steadily.

::::::::::::::::::

I woke up, with my limbs tangled with Adams. His head was now rested in between my breasts and his arms were wrapped around me.

I looked at his clock sitting next to his bed and seen it was now five pm. I yawned and ran my hand through Adams short locks.

He squeezed me tighter and I smiled. The sound of Adams phone ringing woke him up. His head shot up and he rubbed his eyes and grabbed his phone.

"Hello....Oh hey Tessa. Yeah she's here. Sorry." He said laughing.

The call ended quickly and Adams met my curious ones.

"Tessa yelled at me for hogging you. I'm gonna drop you off at your house where she is."

I nodded and Adam walked over to my crutches and handed them to me.

Once we were at his house I kissed him goodbye and walked inside only to be tackled by Tessa.

But I smiled non the less even though I couldn't breath through her death grip.

::::::::::::::

1041 words

Total word count- 17,247

I decided to suck it up and finish the chapter even though I actually hate writing on my phone. So your welcome. Oh and there's like a minimum of 4 chapters left of this book :(