18- Late

It has been five months since Adam left for college. It was now senior year and I made captain of the volleyball team. Me and Tessa celebrated since my aunt was out on another date with Colin. Yes she was still dating him. He was a very good guy, and I liked him with my aunt.

When my aunt came back from her date she shook me awake and showed me her hand. I instantly woke up once I seen the shiny diamond ring wrapped around her finger.

"HE PROPOSED!?!?"

"YES!" My aunt squealed jumping up and down. I got up with her and jumped up and down with her.

She had found her other half. Colin and her, I could see that they were meant for each other.

I hoped that me and Adam were meant for each other too.

My aunt then left after that, skipping out of my room and I fell back into my peaceful sleep. That was until my phone rang and Tessa's name lit up on the screen.

"Tessa?"

"Avery I-I messed up," she sobbed, "I don't know what to do."

"Where are you?" I asked standing up.

"I'm at home. My moms not here, she won't be here till tomorrow."

"I'll be right over."

I hung up and slipped some fuzzy moccasins on. I knocked on my aunts door and she answered right away.

"Aunt Charlie can I borrow your car? It's an emergency, somethings wrong with Tessa."

"Don't get pulled over, your not supposed to be out past 10."

I nodded and ran down the steps, taking the keys off the counter and shutting the front door behind me.

As soon as I got to Tessa's I walked inside pushing the door shut behind me and followed the sound of Tessa's sobs.

I walked in to find her sitting on the bathroom floor balling her eyes out.

"Tess what's wrong?"

"I'm late Avery. I'm late," she sobbed wrapping her arms around me.

"We need to get you a test."

She nodded her head and we walked out and got in my aunts car. We went to the pharmacy and bought the best tests.

Once we got back, Tessa peed on the two sticks and came out later.

"What happens if their positive?" She asked me.

"Well you have 3 options.....Which one would you choose."

"Abortion is out of the option. I will not kill my baby." She said sniffling.

"It'll be between adoption and keeping it."

I checked the time on my phone and I looked up. "It's time Tess."

"Avery can you look? I can't do it," Tessa said with big eyes.

I nodded and walked into the bathroom. I looked down at the tests. I sighed and walked back out to Tessa.

"Am I pregnant?"

"I don't know. One said positive, one said negative."

Tessa shook her head and walked in the bathroom. We waited a little longer and then she checked the negative one.

She gave me a look and then started crying. "He wore a condom Avery. This wasn't supposed to happen."

"Who's the father Tess?"