Chapter Thirty Three: Big Suprises

Tennessee...

William and his men have arrived back at their warehouse from the robbery. They pour the bags of cash out on the table and the men start counting. William goes upstairs to his room and sits down at his computer. He finds the same video that Beth found, plays it and smiles, "The camera caught everything.  This is exactly what I wanted."

Special Unit Operations Center...

Agent White is in his office going over the debriefing of the agents on their failed extraction of Caitlin. Kyle it appears is now helping the Paranormals. They've been a thorn in the Special Units side for the last few years. There's been several occasions in which they have interfered with the unit.

They've never helped actual criminals, but they have interfered with the apprehensions of other Paranormals. As he's studying the report, his office door opens and someone very familiar walks in.

"Sir. I thought you were dead." 

"No, at least not yet." Dr. Keller walks up to the desk using a cane.

"I believe you're in my chair."

"Oh, yes sir." He gets up and moves out of the way as Keller sits down.

Keller stares at Agent White, "I've heard of your failure with the girl."

Agent White swallows hard, "Sir, I had my best agents on the case.  We had the girl until the Paranormals attacked them.  Sir, Kyle Richards was there.  He's working with them now." 

"I've read the report. You should've anticipated this and been ready.  Kyle and his friends should be in a cage right now."  Keller stares at Agent White as he sits, sweat dripping down his face... 

There's a knock on the door. "Come."

A woman walks inside and stops. "Dr Keller, you're back." 

"Obviously, what do you have for me?"

She continues walking to his desk and hands him a folder. She tells him of the armored car incident and references the video. He pulls it up and watches it not believing what he's seeing.

He hits his hand on the desk. "I thought you were dead!"

He turns to agent White, "I want every street camera, every satellite image, every news report on anything remotely similar to this man on my desk before it even happens!"

Mr White stands up, "Yes sir."  He turns and leaves the office in a hurry.

Keller looks at the still picture of the last part of the video where the man is looking up.

"William, you're back from the grave it seems. Now I have to kill the father... and the son."

Oregon, at our compound...

It's about nine in the morning and I'm in the training room waiting on Caitlin to arrive. She's made good progress on learning to control her ability, but we need to work on controlling her emotions. That's what we're going to work on today.

Karen comes in the room and has a puzzled look on her face. "Where's Caitlin?"

"I thought you were bringing her."

I get up and we both go to her cabin. We knock and there's no answer.  She pulls out her master key and we go inside. As we look around Karen finds a note.

"I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to leave for a while. My Mom has finally called and she wants to see me. I know I promised I would stay, but I have to take this chance to get back together. If this doesn't work out, I hope I can come back. Thanks for everything.  I'll miss all of you... Caitlin."