Chapter Thirty Eight: Kyle Vs. Keller

Maxwell's camp, Moores Mill, Alabama...

We get up at six a.m, get ready and pack up.  At seven we're all gathered for our meeting.  Maxwell and Mike stand facing us. 

Maxwell begins, "I have just got off the phone with Beth.  She says the meeting is still on for one p.m. With few exceptions, most people who will be in attendance are already in the building, or soon will be.  There's something else you should know," Maxwell looks specifically at me. "Keller... is alive."

"Somehow, I always knew he survived..."

There's a pause, then he continues, "He's scheduled to be at the meeting as well.  He'll be arriving at a private airfield about twelve." Everyone looks at me as I stare back at Maxwell...

Before heading out we go over the plan one more time.  John, Mike, Maxwell and I will take up positions out of sight near the four corners of the building.  Sarah, along with one of Mike's men will be a half mile away in an SUV. 

As soon as Sarah gets a read on William's people she'll relay the information to us and we'll reposition as needed.  Mike's other two men will take up positions on top of the two high-rises on opposite ends of the target building with sniper rifles.  The rest...

Just before we leave I catch Maxwell by himself. 

"Did Beth give you the location of the private airfield?" 

He shakes his head, "Kyle, you don't want to do this." 

"Maxwell... where's the airfield?"  He stares at me, shakes his head and gives me the information. 

I find Sarah as we're about to leave and take her into my arms. 

"Make sure you stay well clear and out of sight." 

"I will and you don't take any unnecessary chances." 

I smile, "You know me." 

"That's what I'm afraid of!" 

We laugh a little, then I get serious, "Remember, I love you....Always." 

We share a kiss and I turn and walk away.  Sarah goes to the vehicle she's supposed to get in, turns and sees me get in an old car.  She watches as I head out by myself. 

"He's supposed to be going with John and Maxwell." 

She runs over to Maxwell's SUV.

"Why isn't Kyle riding with you?" 

Maxwell just looks at her.  She's puzzled, then she realizes what's going on...

Twelve p.m.  The private landing strip...

Keller's plane has just touched down at the airport.  I've been hiding in the only open hanger and the plane rolls to a stop just outside.  An SUV and two agents are standing beside it waiting.  I ease to the front as the door to the aircraft opens and Keller steps out.  I see he's using a cane.  "So, he did get hurt."

As he steps onto the ground I walk around the SUV.  The two agents see me and draw their weapons.  With my thoughts I throw them backwards several yards away landing hard on the tarmac rolling to a stop.  They both lie, moaning in pain.

Another agent tries to exit the plane and using my thoughts I throw him back inside and force the planes door closed. 

I'm now walking toward Keller as he draws his weapon. I stare at the weapon ripping it from his hand, and it lands several yards away...

He looks at me now defenseless, "Well, I guess you have me at your mercy.  Go ahead, kill me."

I stand staring at him only a few feet away... "Oh, I want to so bad... But I'm not William..."

"That's not why I'm here."  Puzzled, he stares at me. 

"You know about William."  He nods.

"Do you know he's dying?" 

He smiles. "No, I didn't.  But I'm glad to hear it." 

"You may not be.  He seeks revenge on you and your unit.  Now that he's dying, he has nothing left to lose."  Keller thinks about this and his smile begins to fade. 

"That's right.  He's going to attack your people at the meeting today.  That's why I'm here." 

"You're going to help Willia..." He pauses then continues. "You're here to stop him.  Aren't you?  Why?"  he asks perplexed. 

"He may be my father, but I know he's also a murderer several times over and I'm not like him.  I know you hate Paranormals, but there are good people out there with gifts that don't want to hurt anyone."

I pause a few seconds.  "You're right.  I'm here to try and stop him."  We look at each other for a moment, then I continue. 

"We have something to settle between you and I, but today's not the day.  If we're going to stop William and save innocent people, we're going to have to work together.  So, Dr. Keller, what will it be?"

Huntsville, Alabama... Special Unit Operations Facility...

Maxwell and his team have set up as planned and have been waiting for a while.  Sarah along with Greg (one of Mikes men) is in the SUV about a half mile away. 

Sarah's worried about me, but she has to concentrate on trying to find William.  They have to be ready.  She knows the whole plan begins with her finding William and his men. Everyone checks in on their comms as planned every hour.  Everyone's in place and waiting, except me...

Williams group... Huntsville, Alabama...

Unknown to us, William and his people had left around five a.m. It was less than an hour drive to the area of the building.  They have two vehicles.  One is a SUV and the second is a white van with a Federal Government seal on the front doors. 

His plan is for five of his men and himself to enter the underground parking garage of the building using fake ID's.  Then his men in the front of the van will change into their tactical gear. 

Caitlin's job, along with the two other men, is to create a distraction outside of the building.  Just before this, William and his men will be already on the move...

William's people are in position.  Maxwell and his people, except for me are also in position. 

Everyone waits for one p.m....

The battle is about to begin...  Who will Caitlin help???  Kyle or William...

Let me know what you think...