Chapter Thirty Five: Caitlin Settles In

As I'm walking back to Sarah's cabin I see she's awake and sitting on the porch wrapped up in a blanket.  Sitting down beside her she takes my hand. 

"Where've you been?"

I shrug my shoulders, "I just went for a walk."

"I heard a loud noise. What was it?"

I grin, "Well, Maxwell's going to have to get another Suburban." Sarah laughs and squeezes my hand.

"While I was out blowing off a little steam," I turn into to her, "I've discovered something."

She looks intrigued, "What?"

I look over at my Challenger and I turn back to face her. While looking at her, I lift my car straight up about fifteen feet in the air. Sarah gasps and quickly stands up.

"How are you doing this without at least looking at it?" I smile and join her.  As I turn to face the car, I put my arm around her.

"Do you remember the night my eyes turned black?" 

"How could I forget it."

"Well, I've felt a little different since then.  And tonight, I really don't know how it happened or how to explain it, but I've come to the realization that weight makes no difference when I use my ability."

Sarah continues staring at my car as it levitates.  Looking at it I spin it around one time, then sit it back down softly.

We turn to face each other and we hold one another. "The first day I saw you, I knew you were different, even from the other Movers like you. The night we rescued you and you were in my arms, I realized... you were the one. I'm very lucky to have you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

I look back into her beautiful blue eyes, "I love you with all that I am.  I truly believe it was fate that brought us together."  We share a long passionate kiss.  "I love you,...always..."

She takes my hand, "Come back inside." With our hearts beating as one, we go back inside her cabin...

Tuesday.....

The next morning, after getting ready for the day we walk outside and see Beth walking toward us. "I think I may know what William is planning to do." Sarah and exchange a glance.  "I know this can't be good..."

We follow her back to her office and once inside, she pulls up a satellite image of a large building.

"I've done some more digging. The Special Unit has a facility in Huntsville, Alabama. That's not far from Greenville. I've also found out that the top officials with the Special Unit will also be there having a meeting. If William wanted revenge, this would be a perfect opportunity to take them out."

She continues, "There's also something else. The building is shared by another agency on the ground floor that has nothing to do with the Special Unit. All together there's about one hundred innocent people working in that building. If this is William's target, and he's successful, they may killed as well."

Maxwell's office, thirty minutes later...

We're all sitting down and Beth has told everyone what she's found. Everyone remains silent for a few moments...

"Beth's right. This would make an excellent target if it is revenge he's after," Maxwell says, "but I still have a question. After all this time, why now?"

I speak up, "I've been thinking about that. What would bring him out of hiding after so long?  What would make him want his children back with him after abandoning them so long ago?"