Chapter 6

<The Next Day>
Kacee woke up to see Dean and Sam looking through books. Lori was still asleep. The door open and John, Spencer, and Eric walked in with food. Eric waltzed in like it was his own home and pounced on Lori's bed. Dean went from intense research to overprotective brother. "Hey, get off of the bed, don't you see she's asleep?" Lori sat up groggily and blinked. "Yeah, well, not anymore. Thanks to you." "Aww, come on Lori, don't act like you don't like him." Kacee teased. Lori could feel the heat rising to her cheeks. But not because of what her obnoxious twin JUST said. It was about what she was GOING TO say."Do not go there." She said, though she knew she was gonna go right ahead. She was going to have a lot of explaining to do."Oh, really, then why  did you give him a nickname? You know, does 'Effectic Eric' ring a bell? You know, even though it's not a word, you told me-" "Shut up" Lori warned. "-that his looks are so effective by making you go all loopy. About the way his eyes shine, and how you always seem to look at him in 'that' way. Like how you noticed he's got a nice s-" "Ughhh! You suck!" Lori cried. "No she doesn't. Thanks Kacee cake!" Eric shouted. "No problem crackhead. " She responded. "Guys, get over here." John shouted. "The eldest kid's name is Horton  Thomas. Crazy thing is, guy died back in '07'.
"Then where's the diamond? " they all questioned. "In his heart, where he got it surgically implanted." "Not it." Everyone yelled except Kacee. "Well then Kace, it's your job to get the diamond" John said. "Fine where is he?" Kacee said. "He is at Stakeholders Cemetery, you need to head over there because we don't got all day. Oh and take them with you." He said pointing at Lori, Eric, and Spencer. "OMG I am not watching my sister take out someone's heart!!!" Lori yelled. "Well there isn't that much of his heart left but you are still going and I suggest you get a move on it." They left the motel and headed to the cemetery. They arrived there and started tolook for the grave. The finally found it and Kacee and Lori threw the shovels at Eric and Spencer. They look shocked at first but then started digging. They finally got to the coffin and they opened to see a skeleton with most of its skin gone but through a hole in his chest you could see something shiny. Kacee reached her hand in and grabbed it. "EWW!!!!" Lori screamed. "Got it."Kacee said disgusted by what she just had to do. She got out and they started burying him back. Then there was a bang. A bullet barely missed Eric. Only because Lori shoved him out of harm's way. "Eric, are you okay?" She asked hugging him tightly, crying at the same time. But the shooter wasn't finished with them yet. As he fought Spencer and Kacee, Lori grabbed the diamond, which Kacee had dropped out of shock. She noticed that in the dispute, the shooter had dropped the gun, so she rushed to grab it.  There was only one problem, well besides the multiple problems they already faced. The shooter was also a shapeshifter. Spencer swore when he got up from his place on the ground, where the shifter had thrown him. He was looking at two Kacee's. Lori clutched the gun in her hand tighter.  "Shoot her!" Kacee shouted, breathing heavily. "No, shoot her, it's not me!" Eric shouted to Lori, who looked over to see a 67 Impala heading there way. She shakily pulled the trigger.