Chapter 8

They teleported back and Dean asked if he talk to Lori in the hall. When they got to the motel's very little hall, Dean decided there wasn't enough room. "Come on, let's go out to the Impala." Lori was thankful she and Dean accompanied a husband and wife in the elevator, because the walk to the car was so tense. After he motioned for Lori to get in the passenger seat, he sat behind the wheel and placed his beer on the dashboard. Lori looked over at him and asked a question she'd been wondering about since the incident. "Is Kace still mad at me?" Dean responded with a simple, "No." "Oh. Well, are you mad at me?" Dean said nothing, only took a swig of his beer. He didn't even look at her. He tried as best he could to block his thoughts from his little sister. And it worked, which made her mad. S
o. Dang. Mad. "Why did you tell me you wanted to talk then?!?! Huh? Cuz it seems like I'm talking, while you're getting drunk. Which is not unusual, I mean you were raised by Dad. And I'm so happy I have two of them now." She knew it would upset Dean, but he deserved it. He clenched, then uncleched his fist. Now, he didn't even try to hide his feelings anymore. He was angry, but mostly hurt. He would never abandon his little sisters as their father did him and Sammy. He fought against what he really wanted to say and said, "Protect Kacee." "What?" Lori was confused. Did she not just completely lash out on him? "She does enough for the family and mostly you. I'm only telling you this because you need to know it. You know how Dad drilled into my head to take care if Sammy?" Lori nodded. "He does that same crap to her. And she listens to him, like I did. But she's an overaged kid, not your personal bodyguard." And with that, Dean went back inside. Lori followed shortly after, only because it was almost 11:21 p.m., and she shared a bed with her sister and father. She went in to be greeted by her panicked sister. "It's gone!""The diamond!" Lori yelled." What about the diamond?" Dean grumbled while getting off of the bed. "It's gone!" Kacee repeated. "What? No I had it in my pocket right before we went to the warehouse. Oh no it must of fell out." Dean said checking his jean pockets. "We need to look for it." Lori said. John nodded and said "Dean and Sam come with me to the cave. If they happen to find it that is where they are gonna be. Kacee and Lori go with Spencer and Eric to the warehouse. If you can't find it, teleport to the cave." Kacee and the others teleported there. Kacee was a lot better but was still a little light headed so she said she was going to wait outside. Lori didn't want to leave her alone so she offered to stay but Spencer said he would. Eric and Lori headed into the building to find the bodies still there. They continued to walk around and checked everywhere. They couldn't find so they decided to head out. They walked outside and teleported with Kacee. They arrived at the cave to see that it was a bloodbath. Dean and Sam were taking down the Demons while John killed a few of the leviathans. Dean even called Cas to help. They didn't stand there for long. They immediately started helping their family fight off the supernatural beings. Lori saw the shapeshifter, in his natural form, he was slowing liming towards a hole in the stone. He pulled out the diamond and was reaching out to put it in the hole when Lori quickly ran to him and tackled him. It wasn't the best plan but it is all she could come up with. The shapeshifter tumbled over and they both went crashing down. He reached for his gun that dropped a few inches away from him when she tackled him. She knew he was going to do that and kicked the gun away. She punched him but then he pushed her off of him. He got up slowly and limped over and before Lori could stop him again he put the diamond in the slot and the stone wall started moving. When the wall was gone, all you could see was darkness and then something crawled out. It was the demon but the weird thing was she looked like Cassie. Cassie was Dean's ex girlfriend that was killed a while back by a demon. He loved her a lot and was heartbroken when she died. Everyone stood there in shock as she crawled over to the shape shifter. "There you go my pretty. Now you are free and you and me can rule the world, baby. What do you say?" The shapeshifter said getting right up in the demon's face. The demon then grabbed the guy and ate him.