[Gajevy] Gone for Good

A\N: Spoilers for chapter 488!

•   •   •

Gone. He was gone.

As Levy and PantherLily layed there in a heap of anguish and tears, Gajeel was gone. Just when things were better, it was all going so right, the world had come crashing down. 

Their memories, their experiences, their future... it had all dissapeared in one horrible moment. He had promised - promised that they would get through the war, that Fairytail would be victorious. They still had a real chance at doing so, but at a cost much too great for Levy's heart. The man that she loved, that her entire guild cherished, had been taken to the literal depths of hell.

Never to return.

All of the wonderful moments that had been stolen away... it hurt to consider them. Love. Marriage. A family. Gajeel's final musing had only served to make it all hurt so much more. To know that he felt the same way...

The mountain air was no longer cold enough to numb Levy's heart. It had become warm and inviting, littered with flowers under a bright blue blue sky. It served to mock any survivors, a form of cruel irony.

And to think that it would only get worse. The battle was only beginning, the casualties still so few... or rather, not as large as they would later be. This was war, and such things were expected. Levy had been apart of the council, so she knew a thing or two about it. But to have it happen so close to her heart, and to tear it open...

It hurt that Gajeel was gone. And it hurt Levy the worst.

•   •   •

A/N: Quickly written, but I had to share my despair at the latest chapter. I'll get an actual chapter in soon, promise.