02

Taehyung just stared at Jungkook, trying to figure him out. His eyes ran over all of Jungkook's features; he was very pale and his face was slightly sunken in making his eye bags and cheek bones stick out more. It was actually slightly concerning to the blonde male, but he let it slide thinking that it isn't his place to get involved with his health and personal life; even if he did feel the need to at least make sure he was okay.

Ah, but maybe buying him a drink won't hurt...

"So, Jungkook," Taehyung started, grabbing the smaller males attention, "would you like something to drink? I'll buy," he said with a smile, picking up his wallet for emphasis.

Jungkook looked to be in debate with himself, he wasn't really thirsty and didn't want the journalist to waste his money on him but the way Taehyung looked at him with some concern flashing in his eyes as he was studying the smaller male before, he felt complied to accept the offer. After all, it's been a while since anyone has shown emotion to the smaller and he doesn't want to reject kindness.

"Sure, I'll have a hot chocolate, thank you," The pale boy answered softly, a small smile ghosting his lips. Taehyung beamed at his answer, and was about to get up and order a second cup when the waiter came over with his own.

"Here you go sir, if you need anything else I'm happy to be of assistance," The chubby cheeked male spoke as he set down Taehyung's cup. Looking at him with a cute smile he turned around to walk away but the journalist was quick to gain his attention again.

"Oh uh- wait," The waiter turned around again, "Could I please get another cup of hot chocolate. Same as this one," he motioned to the cup that was just placed down. The waiter looked confused but nodded anyway with a smile on his face. The blonde disregarded the look he got and said his thanks as the waiter turned around again and walked away.

"Here you go," Taehyung carefully place his hot chocolate in front of Jungkook, not wanting to spill it on his work.

"Oh- I- are you sure? I can wait for the next one," Jungkook tried pushing the cup into Taehyung's direction but the blonde insisted, swatting the younger's hands away as he tried to push it back towards the blonde.

"It's okay, really. I'm happy to wait for another one. Drink up, Jungkook," The way his name name was said so gently with such a caring tone made Jungkook shiver involuntarily, but the smaller male played it off cooly with a cough and a mumbled word of thanks.

He gently picked the mug up, blowing on it, watching as the steam swirled around before dissipating and took a tentative sip. After swallowing the chocolate goodness, he opened his mouth to speak again.

"So, uh- Taehyung," he spoke, waiting till said male's attention was on the pale boy before speaking again with a smile, "what do you do for work?"

"I'm a journalist. I have been for a few years now," he smiled looking down at his work sprawled over the wooden tabletop. "I love writing, sometimes I write random tales for fun to pass time but more than often I'm writing a new story for an article," He looked back up, the blonde male found it very cute how Jungkook's head bobbed up and down every few seconds and his mouth was slightly open, an interested expression adoring his cute face, making him look like an innocent child.

"Every article takes a few weeks to write for the company I work for and sometimes it lets me take trips to find new things to write about. Which is actually why I'm here, in Busan," This peaked the brunets male's interest even more as he leaned forward, resting his arms on the table top, to ask about it.

"So what story are you working on now?"

Just before Taehyung opened his mouth to speak, the cute waiter from before came over with a cup of hot chocolate. He set it down carefully making sure not to disturb the journalist's work.

"Ah thank you..." Taehyung looked for his name that was pinned to his work shirt, "Jimin,"

Jimin bowed towards Taehyung and smiled before walking off. Jimin's behaviour was just a tad strange towards the writer but he just shrugged it off thinking that maybe it was too late and he was getting tired of acting too friendly and went back to answering Jungkook's question.

"Well, this story is focused around an unsolved murder case that happened around 4 years ago, I don't know if you've heard of it, but I've done a lot of research before coming here to have a look at the scene and wow-"

"4 years ago did you say?" Jungkook interrupted the older male, looking more interest than before.

"Yep, 4 years ago. If I remember correctly, It actually occurred a few miles from here at a small fishing dock," Jungkook grew more interested as Taehyung spoke. The brunet actually knew all about the murder and possibly a little bit more than Taehyung did considering it was all over the news when it happened and he was close to someone working on the case, but he didn't want to say anything because the elder looked so happy telling Jungkook everything he knew, so he kept quiet and continued listening intently.

"I was gonna go there tomorrow actually, but my car broke down and I don't even have a place to stay for the moment until I can get it fixed so I think it's best if I postpone my trip for another day," Taehyung's smile faded and his words grew softer as he realised fully that he had no plans. Being organised was Taehyung's thing and not knowing what was happening made his heart race increase and his palms get a little sweaty as he thought through all his options.

It would probably be a good idea to call a tow truck, Taehyung thought to himself, but quickly decided against it when he checked his phone for the time. It was already nearing 2am, and waiting possibly another hour or so for someone to come and fetch his car for him didn't sound appealing.

"I know a good motel just down the road from here, open twenty-four seven. The owner is the husband of the old lady that owns this cafe, she's working behind the counter. Lovely couple," Jungkook said casually, picking up his cup and taking a huge sip. Taehyung stared wide-eyed, a big smile slowly growing on his face after hearing what Jungkook uttered.

"Really? Oh my, that's great! I thought I was going to have to sleep in a box fighting off hyperthermia," Taehyung stated dramatically. Of course he wouldn't actually do that, he was going to ask someone working here if they knew of a motel he could stay at, but with this new information Jungkook has given him, he doesn't have to. Taehyung is starting to feel really glad that Jungkook just popped out of no where and is easy to get along with.

The pale boy chuckled at how excited Taehyung got over finding a place to stay and nodded in confirmation.

"I'm currently staying there, we can go together if you want?" He questioned.

"That's great! Let's go now," Taehyung was quick to stack all his files and a papers up, packing them away in his bag as neatly as he could, but before he stood up Jungkook stopped him by tugging on his arm gently.

"Uh, could I finish my drink first?" Taehyung awed internally at how innocent Jungkook looked asking the question and quickly relaxed back in his seat, nodding eagerly with a smile.

"Of course."

-----
A/N

I can't wait till stuff actually happens! I have the whole plot written out and it's going to be so fun to write

Anticipate it bc gooD sTuff is going to happen soooOoOn!

Please vote and comment!!
((((;

-