07

Taehyung blinked away his tears furiously as he stared at the spot he could've sworn he saw Jungkook disappear.

Jungkook just walked onto the road and straight into a moving vehicle and there is no trace of that accident being indicated. Passer-by's haven't stopped, neither have cars and not a single soul was moved by the incident that just occurred, just Taehyung is left staring at the location it happened. How had no one else seen it? Why isn't anyone else confused and panicked like the blonde male is? Why is Taehyung the only one who witnessed it? And why is Jungkook no longer there?

Thousands of thoughts whirled through the journalist's brain and not a single one is making sense. Did he hallucinate the whole ordeal? Is he that hung over his new crush he's getting vivid daydreams of him dying? Nothing is making sense. First of all, Taehyung knows this is real life so there's no way it could've been a vivid day-dream, he saw Jungkook in broad daylight step onto the road and just disappear after seemingly getting hit with a car that had no intentions on stopping as this occurred.

"Sir, are you okay?" A soft voice startled the latter out of his trance and he whipped around, wiping his eyes with his jumpers sleeves to see who the voice belonged to.

"I-uh-I," Taehyung is a stuttering mess as he tries to come up with an answer. His brain is frazzled with the recent events and he doesn't actually feel anything, other than panicked. The stranger, a girl who seems to be in her early teens, stares at Taehyung with concern laced in her eyes, her lips pursed and her eye-brows furrowed gives the blonde the impression that she saw his panic attack just moments earlier.

"Did you see that?" He point to the spot he just saw his friend disappear from, his voice cracking slightly. The teen shook her head as she replied.

"I didn't, but I saw your reaction to whatever it is you saw. Are you okay? What happened?" She bit her lip as Taehyung started shaking his head at her reply. Tears started forming as he looked to the other side of the road, but he quickly bit them back as he looked back at the girl.

"I-I'm fine, sorry," He shook his head of all thoughts and politely told the girl he had to go.

Taehyung turned on his foot and followed the path directing back to the motel. Maybe the lack of sleep is getting to him.

----

Taehyung burst into his motel room in a hurried motion. The door banged on the wall as it swung open and bounced back to shut with a click. The blonde winced as the bang echoed around his room but his thoughts quickly took over all his senses. Nothing made sense to the blonde anymore, ever since he arrived in Busan so many strange things have happened, but Jungkook was able to bring some sense but with what was just witnessed made Taehyung's heart clench with doubt.

His mind shot back to the first words Jungkook had uttered to him as he walked into his bedroom in a daze and sat on his bed, putting his head in his hands.

"You can see me?"

At first the blonde thought maybe the latter was tripping and that's why he'd stumbled into the booth but ever since that unusual greeting nothing else about Jungkook indicated him being on anything illegal. Jungkook had appeared to be as normal as anyone else he's encountered, so why is this happening? Everything Taehyung thought he new about Jungkook is not adding up anymore. Now that the blonde is really thinking about it, several other occasions with Jungkook have ended odd or something unusual happened to either male.

-flashback-
(this is an extended ending to chapter 5)

The two males stopped laughing with a sigh, the previous conversation left them in a fit of laughter as Taehyung recalled something funny that had happened in the office. Jungkook thought the story was hilarious but the way Taehyung had re-enacted a co-workers fall in the office after seeing a bug was the thing that left him wheezing as the blonde flailed about on the floor in his motel room.

The two had goofy smiles on their faces as they calmed down, a peaceful silence now upon them. Jungkook was the first to break it.

"Want to go for a walk and get ice-cream?" He had asked the blonde, which was still laying on the floor as Jungkook was on the grey couch. Taehyung agreed and got up, stretching as he stood then went to get a jacket. They both left the room with a click of the door locking behind them as they stepped into the chilly wind.

Casual chatter fluttered between the two as they walked next to each other, hands brushing occasionally leaving the blonde with flushed cheeks, he blamed the wind when Jungkook brought up how red he looked in the face.

"What's your favourite flavour?" The blonde looked over to his friend that spoke, he thought about it for a bit, rubbing his chin as he did so.

"Coffee," he replied with a hum. Jungkook nodded his head and as Taehyung was about to ask him the same question, a stranger walked straight through them.

Right through Jungkook.

-end of flash back-

Of course the brunet came up with something to say about that but now thinking about it again it didn't make one ounce of sense. A person had walked right through Jungkook! Taehyung saw that he didn't move, his eyes were on him the entire time, but to save the friendly air between them he let it slide but now nothing is make any sense anymore.

Is Jungkook even real?

"Ah! I can't!" The blonde pulled at his hair as he stood up an paced around his room thinking.

"Of course he's real, he has to be..." His words were desperate as he tried hanging on whatever sanity he had left, on whatever feelings he had about Jungkook. But doubt swirled around his mind, blocking all logical thinking, hurting his heart and head.

Taehyung had no idea what to think, he just wanted to the truth straight from Jungkook himself but with what he witness earlier, where would the brunet even be? He did just disappear.

Another yell of frustration bounced off the walls as Taehyung stopped his pacing.

"Damnit," he kept repeating, but it stopped as a knock sounded at the door. The person obviously knew he was in here by how loud the journalist was vocalising his feelings so there was no use in staying silent until they left.

But what if it's Jungkook?

Taehyung didn't want to face him but he did want answers, so with that thought he took a few deep breaths, patted down his hair and outfit to straighten himself out and went over to the door.

He hesitated as he reached it, but the person knocked a few more times so he put his hand out and reached for the handle, turning it and he clenched his eyes shut and braced himself for who it may be.

"Taehyung?" The familiar voice ringed out, making him feel weak.

The blondes eyes opened as he looked up and latched on the person he was anticipating.

"Jungkook... Hi."

----
A/N

I honestly have no idea.

I'm actually sorry for how this is turning out and also for how weirdly paced this ff is progressing. It feels so muddled, I'm sorry.

But please tell me what you think so I can improve it!

Thank you, till next time,
-