08

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

But, what if he is the devil?

Oh fuck, do not tell me I just
befriended the spawn of satan.

It would explain a lot if he was Lucifer...

Clam down, he isn't, you idiot.

But what if-

"Can I come in?" Jungkook's voice shook Taehyung out of his thoughts and the blonde stared at him wide-eyed. With a hesitant nod, he moved out of the way and let the younger in.

"What's wrong? You look shaken up, like you saw a ghost," Jungkook side-eyed Taehyung as he stepped pass and into the room, a nervous chuckle escaping his lips. The door shut behind both males with a click and Taehyung swallowed down his nervous thoughts.

Jungkook proceeded to stare at Taehyung with his head titled the the side and his brows furrowed in concern. The latter expected a reply from the blonde but he just stood there with his back on the door, as if it was stabilising him, while staring off into space.

"We don't have to talk about it, but I'm willing to listen to whatever you want to say..." The brunet trailed off as he tried comforting his dazed friend, but the blonde didn't seem to take any notice of his attempts as his mind kept coming to strange conclusions. All of them of which he deemed impossible because: ghosts don't exist.

A sigh is what broke Taehyung out of his endless spiral of despair and confusion, that was slowly breaking down any of the blondes attempts to escape. His eyes focused on his friend in front of him, his crush, his main source of doubt. The butterflies were still there but Taehyung couldn't pick what emotion made them go off. Was it panic? Happiness? Relief? Betrayal? Whatever it was, Jungkook's small smile of relief is what sent another thousand butterflies swarming Taehyung's stomach.

"Oh Jungkook, didn't see you there..." The journalist finally spoke, his words slightly croaky from his panic attack but still comprehendible.

A chuckle left Jungkook's mouth and his smile looked brighter on his features as he replied: "You let me in,"

"O-oh I did, didn't I?" He let a breathy laugh out, which sounded more forced, and a small smile twitched at the corners of his mouth.

"Would you like, uh, some lunch?" Taehyung decided to lead the conversation on a different path before the younger could bring up his behaviour. It seemed to work as Jungkook replied with an eager nod and another big smile.

It made Taehyung relax a little bit but the situation that cause him to be so panicky was still sitting in the front of his mind, reminding him and leaving him apprehensive around his friend.

"Come on then! Let's make sandwiches," Jungkook took Taehyung by the arm and lead him into the small kitchenette.

Luckily the blonde has gone shopping so he had enough ingredients to make basic sandwiches. So they both proceeded to gather whatever that wanted to put between two slices of white bread. Jungkook opted for a ham; lettuce and tomato sandwich while Taehyung kept it simple, cheese being the only ingredient he brought out as well as butter. The blonde didn't have much of an appetite after his morning.

While they prepared their food, Jungkook tried prying into his friends odd behaviour. Ever since he met Taehyung he's been nothing but silly and friendly; it makes his stomach turn with Taehyung behaving so shaky and out of it.

"So uh, do you want to talk about what's going on? We don't have to, it's just... Well, I'm worried," Jungkook spoke quietly while cutting his tomato. The blonde, who has finished buttering his bread and is now cutting his cheese, paused for a moment before hesitantly speaking.

"D-Do you believe in ghosts?" It came out in a near whisper but Jungkook heard it. He heard it clear as day.

"Is this why you're acting as if you saw one? Is the motel room haunted?" He chuckled a little bit, as if it was a joke but Taehyung didn't laugh back as he normally would. All he thought was: maybe with you here, it is.

"No, but what I saw definitely raised my suspicions of them being real," The brunet stopped making his lunch and faced his body towards his unusually serious friend, an eyebrow slightly raised.

"What did you see?" Jungkook wasn't sure if he wanted to know but he asked anyways, maybe able to help ease Taehyung with a reasonable answer. But what he got in reply made him choke on his words.

"I saw you. I saw you walk into a moving car and disappear,"

"W-what? How ridiculous, h-how could that of been me?" Jungkook stuttered over his words and faced towards the counter again, his right hand gripping the knife he was using to cut tomatoes tightly. The brunet looked flustered as he trie to think of an a reason, anything to make Taehyung believe that it wasn't him.

"You disappeared right I front of my eyes. I thought you walked into that car to die or something and I was panicking- I- Jungkook what does this mean?" Taehyung's eyes started brimming with tears, his voice shaky and soft. He was still facing Jungkook as he spoke and with every word the latter looked lost. How could Jungkook respond with some sense? How can he clear this up?

"I-I... That wasn't me!" The brunet slightly raised his voice, unable to come up with any excuse or reason behind what Taehyung witnessed.

"It was!" The journalist burst out with, startling Jungkook who dropped the knife, it landing on his foot. Both males stared wide-eyed at were it lay, piercing Jungkook's foot but no wound is visible. A gasp was heard from Taehyung as the situation started sinking in.

"Tae-Taehyung..." Jungkook's voice broke slightly as he whispered the name of his friend who looked as if he were about to faint.

"W-what?" The latter continued staring at Jungkook's foot, shaky hands gripping the counter to stabilise himself. There was only one thought running through the blonde's as he took in the means of his friends behaviour.

With just two words uttered by Jungkook, Taehyung felt as if he was free-falling. The two words kept a repeating in his mind, bringing him crashing down as reality sunk in, drowning him, making his heart ache and his head spin.

He felt choked as he screwed his eyes shut, hoping this was all a dream because there could be no way, no way could his friend be speaking the whole honest truth.

"I'm dead."

----
A/N

wow who didn't see that coming

Vote and comment!

Till next time,
-