18

Death and pain. That's all Taehyung can think about as he stands there, frozen. This exact day has happened before and he's been brought back to the very moment it happened.

Every single memory and moment, that has been blocked out since the incident, came rushing back to the blonde as he watched Seokjin walked straight past him, walking towards the alley-way. Towards the most scarring moment Taehyung has ever witnessed.

Every fibre of his being was aching to call out and stop Jin from walking to his death, but he was closed up, frozen and scared. His mouth couldn't move and his feet were bound to the ground.

The moment that used to haunt him is about to be replayed all over again an he wants to cry out, yell, scream for it all to stop. He never wanted this to happen, he never wanted Jin to die like this. He was supposed to be his protecter; his guardian angel. 

But it's too late. Soon enough, as if some other type of being forced him to, his body followed where Seokjin went, his eyes trained on the unsuspecting being.

Jin was looking at his phone, attention drawn to a text from his mum. His mother had told him to quickly get home as there's been a rumour of a sketchy looking person wandering around, but the warning didn't help for Jin, as he found himself face to face with the person he was warned about.

"Hello there, boy," the voice was low, taunting. The person obviously had intentions of harming the school boy, and Jin sensed that. He was well aware of what this person wanted to do with him but he was frozen in fear. Eyes wide and mouth agape, all he could do was stare as the person dressed in all black walked closer in a menacing way. 

Taehyung's eyes pricked with tears as he recalled how he, himself, on this day could've prevented Jin from experiencing the most torturous moment of his entire life; the very moment that ended his life.

"Please, don't hurt me," came Seokjin's scared, shaky reply. He had held his arms up in front of him, trying to shield himself, protect himself from what was about to unfold.

"No can do," the person laughed, "you see, I've been watching you. You are exactly what I need," no more words were exchanged and till this day, Taehyung never knew what the person wanted from Jin.

Although that was the end of the killers words, Jin screamed as pleaded for someone to help or for the killer to let him go. But the cries fell on deaf ears, the killer already immersed in their sick and twisted thoughts; thoughts on how they should destroy Seokjin, tear his dignity apart and make him want to actually die. The killer wanted Jin to suffer, and that's exactly what they did.

Taehyung couldn't bear to watch any further, he's seen it all before and the pain is still aching in his bones. The last thing he heard from Seokjin before the killer pressed his blade into his shoulder, causing the brunette to pass out from the intense pain, was him calling out for the blonde.

"Taehyung!"

The name echoed into the alley along with the killers sickening laughter. The bloody blade gripped tight, his leather gloves and boots covered in the same red substance.

One last cut to the school boys face an the killer smiled at his work, walking away with a crazy look in his eye.

The last thing Taehyung saw before white blinded his vision was Jin; covered in his own blood, dirt and tears. It was a gut wrenching sight, making Taehyung hurl as soon as his vision cleared.

The next thing he saw was Jungkook's panicked face, his mouth moving hurriedly and his hands shaking. But Taehyung was sobbing too loudly to hear the younger ask what just happened.

"It wa-it was just s-so," Taehyung sobbed, his body shaking intensely along with each cry. His body felt stiff and tense but he managed to get himself leaning against the wall for support as he curled himself up, crying to his knees.

"I could've helped him! He would still be h-here! Wh-y didn't I do so-something!" Taehyung yelled until his throat felt dry, his sobbing so rough it caused him to gag and eventually throw up once more.

Jungkook moved out the way but kept a hand on Taehyung, trying to comfort him.

"Why didn't I do anything!? Jungkook! Why did I let this happened? Why-why couldn't I sa-save him!?"

"Who?" Jungkook, although wanted to help, had no idea what Taehyung was talking about and it scared him that the blonde was such a mess over whatever it was.

"Seokjin! I was his guardian angel and I let him die! I can't fucking believe- I hate myself so much. How could I of let something so fucking awful- he- he had so much to live for and I might as well of been the one who held that fucking blade. God damn, why!?" Taehyung's words were slurred and rough sounding, his throat burned from the crying and his whole body aches from throwing up. But the first bit had Jungkook forgetting that Taehyung just experienced something traumatic, because: did Taehyung just say he was a guardian angel?

"Jungkook, I just had to re-live that fucking experience all over again and I was just as frozen and scared the second time around as I was the first. God why!" Taehyung's yelling shook Jungkook out of his trance and he looked to Taehyung's glazed over eyes.

They held eye contact until a tear slide it's way down the blondes face, causing him to look down then speak softly.

"I could've saved him, but I didn't," his voice sounded tired and weak, like he's given into the terrible emotions swirling around his body like a wildfire.

"Some angel I was."

----
A/N

Zoowee mama!

Sorry if it's a shorter chapter but I just wanted to drag them out a bit before this book ends!

I hope you enjoyed!
Please vote and comment to let me know what you think!

Till next time,
-