19

Taehyung's sobs slowed down and eventually came to a stop, all sound following.

The alley was now once again silent and the two males sat side by side, Jungkook's arm around the olders shoulders, keeping him close.

Taehyung's face was drained of all emotions, his body feeling numb from the overwhelming experience. All his memories came back, every last one including the fact of him being an Angel.

He never questioned why he couldn't remember anything from his childhood and he never twigged that he could only remember the pass 4 years which correlates to Jin and what has happened.

4 years ago was when he forgot. When he forgot Jin; forgot about being an angel; forgot himself. And he never tried finding out why he didn't know, he just accepted it and kept going forward.

But now he's stuck. Taehyung is stuck on earths realm and has no idea how to get back, if he could even get back.

What can he do? He didn't even know he belonged somewhere else; in a whole other realm. But now he knows he does and the panic that comes along with that thought is rising in him as his mind goes overboard. Overwhelming thoughts and feelings run through his veins and he can feel his heart thundering against in rib cage.

Jungkook senses his panic and tightens his hold on him, letting him know it's okay.

Although for Taehyung, it doesn't feel okay. His mind is on loop, reminding him of the reason he's stuck here. Images and screams flash across his mind of Seokjin's last moments, the memories feel like knives are being dragged across his skin, reopening wounds that he had spent so long trying to heal. The memories and moments he forgot are all resurfaced and cutting into him relentlessly.

"I never meant for the pain or suffering. I was supposed to save him."

----

When the sun started losing its battle with the moon, it eventually laid to rest, letting a silver light cast over the two that made their way back to the motel after sitting in that silent alley for god knows how long.

Taehyung had been silent during the walk home as well, processing the day they had.

He didn't know what to do, but he knew that dwelling in the trauma won't help him get anywhere. After all; it only caused him to forget who he actually was in the first place. 

All he knows is that even if he's stuck here, he's with Jungkook and with that though a small smile tugs at his lips, drawing the attention of the younger that still has his arm wrapped around Taehyung's shoulders. He only let go of him when he stood up from the concrete ground back in the alley, but as soon as the blonde followed suit, the ghost's arm made its way back to embracing his friend.

"Are you feeling better now?" The ghost asks, feeling joy to see Taehyung smile, even if it's small.

The elder nodded slightly, "Yeah. I feel better knowing that whatever happens next, you're with me,"

At those words, a faint blush stood out on Jungkook's pale cheeks, making him look cute and innocent. The sight made Taehyung's smile widen and butterflies started dancing in his stomach.

Noticing how Jungkook turned coy at  the comment, Taehyung started thinking about the possibility of the younger sharing his feelings. A lot of times before he's notice the way the younger seemed either giddy or flustered with a simple compliment or touch and it never dawned on him that just maybe his feelings were returned; but now it's got him thinking.

Could Jungkook like me too?

Noticing their small talk has died down, Taehyung took the time to observe Jungkook. The way his features were illuminated by the moons light, the shadows that were cast on him contoured him perfectly. Everything about Jungkook seemed perfect to Taehyung. The way the youngers lips moved when he spoke words of comfort, the laugh that sounded angelic, the way that Jungkook had managed to make even the worst moments into something worth cherishing.

Today was honestly the most traumatising day of his existence, and yet, Jungkook has somehow managed to make the blonde feel like this day was somewhat okay, and for that he's beyond grateful for meeting such a friendly ghost.

The blonde, after a few more silent moments, shook the brunettes lanky arm off his shoulders, not missing the frown that came with the action and instead picks up Jungkook's hand, lacing their fingers.

A bright smile made its way across Jungkook's moon lit face at the action and he tried to fight of the abundance of butterflies that fluttered around his insides, making his skin feel tingly.

"I just wanted to say: thank you. Thank you for everything, Jungkook. I truly don't know what I would've done if I never met you. I wouldn't of been able to figure out who I once was and I wouldn't of been able to fall-" Taehyung started but quickly stopped as he realised he was about to confess. Jungkook looked shocked and had a glimmer of hope shinning in his eyes at the sudden speech but he didn't want to get his head to wrapped up in the almost spoken words. After all; Taehyung didn't exactly say what he was falling for.

"Yes, I'm thankful for you being with me, I'm really glad I met you," and with that, the two had found themselves back at the motel. Taehyung was having a mental battle of what he was just about to spill, while the latter was quietly squealing, trying to calm his heart rate down.

If the younger was hearing correctly then does that mean Taehyung possibly likes him back? Or was Taehyung about to say a completely different thing? Whatever it was, Jungkook was set on believing his crush liked him back.

Taehyung on the hand felt slight embarrassment for almost confessing to the younger, he was just caught up with thanking him and he honestly did want to continue but he wasn't 100 percent sure of the outcome so he quickly shut his mouth.

Feelings and confessing has never been Taehyung's strong suite and although the he has high hopes for what their relationship might be, he's still scared. Scared of rejection, scared of what might happen if Jungkook left, scared of himself leaving Jungkook.

Taehyung liked to be certain, but the outcome of confessing was definitely not certain in the Angels mind and that was what held him back.

While the two had now made their way inside, they sat side by side on the grey couch, just thinking. Taehyung's mind filled with the what ifs and Jungkook's were filled with words of encouragement.

"I'm sorry we couldn't get ice-crea-" Taehyung was quickly cut off by the younger blurting out and incoherent sentence.

"Huh?"

"I like you! I have since a few days after we met, I don't know but I felt like everything was okay with you. I felt alive. But I held back because you were human and you couldn't possibly want a relationship with someone that no one else can see! But Taehyung, I really like you and now I know that just maybe you like me back and we could actually be together because you're an angel and I'm a ghost and we're in the same realm! Also-" Jungkook's rambling got cut off by Taehyung pulling the younger closer and placing his lips right on the ghost's.

----
A/N

(˘̩̩̩˘̩̩̩)❤︎
My babies, they're sorta together now!

Well I hope you enjoyyy!

Please vote and comment to let me know what you think!

Till next time,
-
()