10

It's only been 30 minutes since all the truth has come out and although Taehyung felt compassion for Jungkook, he's also feeling very timid. He just doesn't know how to handle Jungkook being dead; a ghost.

Honestly, how is one supposed to just be chill after finding out they've befriended a spirit that looks so alive and human like? If you could handle that as if that major detail didn't affect your way of thinking, then hats off to you because Taehyung feels like he's in a vortex of emotions. Each one piling up, one after another, pulling him in and making his head spin.

The air is still stale and tense. The atmosphere making Taehyung feel suffocated. Jungkook, on the other hand, looks just as he normally does, despite tear stained cheeks. The younger doesn't look too affected by the whole ordeal and it's honestly bothering the blonde. He wishes Jungkook showed some emotion towards what happened. Previous hang outs proved he could feel things such as happiness, worry, concern. So why does he look so... so blank?

A small cough from Taehyung broke through the silence as he tried clearing his throat. Jungkook didn't even blink as he looked over to his friend who he's suddenly noticing how apprehensive his figure appears to be.

A billion questions swirl through Taehyung's mind, but he just wants something to say to stop this silence. So he ops for the easiest to answer: "are you okay?"

Jungkook sighs, looking down at his hands that are intertwined in his lap then back up at the blonde, a small smile appearing at the corner of his mouth as he replies in a soft voice.

"I am now, thank you,"

Another silence settles upon them and Taehyung is one again wishing for a black hole to open up and swallow him whole. He doesn't like this, not one bit. He didn't want to be scared or so apprehensive around Jungkook. But it's hard to accept such a truth. The reality feels anything but, it feels like an alternate universe where these kind of things are quite normal to stumble upon.

"A-Are you okay?" Jungkook's quiet voice cracks through the silence and it startles the blonde who was so deep in thought.

A curt nod of the head is given as his answer and it makes Jungkook sigh. Of course Taehyung isn't okay, how could he be? It was hard for Jungkook to grasp in the beginning and he's still getting used to it after 4 years, how is Taehyung going to be accepting after just 40 minutes.

"I know it's hard to process, I'm sorry. I didn't want it to be like this," Jungkook spoke once more, softy and cautiously.

"No, it's fine," Taehyung replied with a sigh and a shake of his head then continued "I'm glad you told me, I want to help you. I also have so many questions, I just don't know where to start or if I should even ask half of them,"

Jungkook nodded, he knew questions would come up and he's ready for them. He wants to restore the trust Taehyung has with him.

"Ask whatever you want, I'll answer with one hundred percent honesty,"

Another nod from Taehyung came and then after a few seconds of thinking he asked the one question that's been on his mind constantly since this all came out.

"O-okay, um, why can I see you?" He asked timidly.

Jungkook looked in thought as the question sunk in. Honestly, he's been asking himself that same question: why can Taehyung see him? The brunet wish he knew just as much as the latter.

"I-I don't know. At first I thought maybe you too were a ghost but I've met other spirits and they have this aura around them, like, a kind of glowing mist that outlines them and you don't have that. Maybe you're a medium?" Jungkook explained his thoughts about it and the last question had Taehyung's brows crease. He certainly doesn't think he's a medium. This is the first time this has ever occurred and he's not in touch with the spirit world, so it seems highly unlikely.

"I don't think so, maybe I'm just one of those people who happen to see dead people without any other pull between the living and the dead?" He questioned back. Jungkook hummed in response along with a curt nod of his head.

"Also, I- um okay. When you brought my bags back, how did it happen? You said you have a friend that helped you, am I not the only one that can see you?" Jungkook was expecting this question, and he was glad he could actually answer it.

"As far as I'm aware, you're the only one that can see me. I don't have any other friends, and I haven't since I died, you're the first. And as for your car and bags, I can... okay bear with me, this may get confusing," Jungkook stopped to chuckle at his own words and a smile smile appeared on Taehyung's mouth which made Jungkook feel more ease in telling his story.

"Okay, so I can manifest my energy to move things around. Because your car is a lot bigger than, say, a stone, it took a lot longer to move and also more energy. Your bags were easier and I was supposed to keep them outside your room but I miss calculated the location so they ended up inside. I actually started moving your car when I left that night, it took like 8 hours to move,"

"Also, I never had to steal keys or anything so you can apologise now for hitting me," Taehyung rolled his eyes as his smile grew. Jungkook saw this and laughed a little at how hard Taehyung was trying to fight off his own laugh.

"Ah, really? I think you kinda deserved them for spooking me out the whole day. I thought I was loosing my mind,"

"Spooking? Oh my," Jungkook's laughter filled the room and it made Taehyung feel even better after all that's happened.

He's realising that no matter what, Jungkook is worth it and he wants to do anything to help him. He may lose the brunet at the end of it all but he's going to cherish the journey and memories they make, after all, how many can say they've befriended a ghost.

----
A/N

Yay for boring chapters that take too long to write because it's hard trying to figure out what to write to not make it boring but it ends up that way anyways!

Okay I promise that starting now, chapters will be filled with fluffy taekook moments! I vow on it.

I also promise to make them more interesting, because shiT it's kinda flopping.

Please tell me what you think by commenting or voting!!

(:
Till next time,
-