09

Taehyung spluttered in shock, his face drained of colour as his grip loosened on the counter top. He stared at Jungkook, his jaw-dropped and eyes searching for an explanation on his pale features. But Jungkook didn't say anything, he too, was in shock. He never planned on it happening like this, he didn't even plan on saying anything in the first place. Why would he ruin his only friendship? Why would he say anything about the fact that he isn't actually alive? There was never a need to bring it up to the elder and turn his world upside down like how it is right now. Jungkook didn't want to receive the scared gaze of his only friend, he didn't want Taehyung to fear him. But the current situation was exactly what he feared most about befriending the blonde.

The truth is out and Taehyung is taking this anything but lightly.

"I-I can explain," Jungkook spoke up through the tense atmosphere. A shiver ran through Taehyung's body hearing those words. What could possibly be the explanation about the fact that his only friend is dead? The past four years of his life and the only friend he makes is a ghost!

A dry laugh, more of a groan, passed the blondes lips as his hands finally fell away from the counter and to his sides. He breathed in shakily and took clumsy steps to his room, stepping pass a now confused Jungkook.

Taehyung made is way into the room and fell on the bed, messing up the sheets. He rolled over onto his back and stared up at the ceiling blankly.

How is he supposed to comprehend Jungkook being a ghost? A spirit? A paranormal entity that roams earth trying to find his way along? How can any of this be real?

The only times Taehyung has ever heard of paranormal sightings is when people go venturing into haunted structures looking for a thrill. Another thing about what he's heard is that more than often, a spirit that wants to be known will manifest itself into a white mist in the silhouette of a human or an orb. So why, why is Jungkook so human like? Why can he be seen clear as day? The latter would have never suspected him to be so dead when looking so alive.

A soft pitter-patter of feet was heard making its way to where Taehyung lie on the bed. Knowing who it was, Taehyung didn't lift his head, he just continued staring blankly at the ceiling.

"Taehyung..." Jungkook's soft whisper was heard but went ignored by the blonde. It's not that he didn't want to respond, he's just feeling at a loss of words. How is he supposed to respond to him? Where would the conversation go? The journalist doesn't think he can handle anything that comes out of the brunets mouth now.

But Jungkook spoke anyways, he needed to explain everything. He hated the way Taehyung didn't have his breathtaking smile of his face or a cheeky giggle tumbling past his lips. He hated the way the journalist was so silent, he wanted to bring his smile back, to feel alive with Taehyung's bright personality.

"I sorry about all of this, I truly am. But please, Tae, listen to me," The nickname hit Taehyung hard, that nickname sent thousands of butterflies swarming his stomach and it made him feel sick. Out of everyone he could've fallen for, and it's a ghost.

He felt Jungkook sit on the edge of the bed before speaking with a sigh.

"Okay, well I'm going to talk anyways, so please just listen," the brunet tried again, this time not letting his friends' silence stop him.

"I died 4 years ago, it honestly was the strangest experience waking up and knowing that I'm supposed to be dead, and in fact, was. I tried for so long to find out why I was back on earth and one day, I was walking by a street near the docks and I was met with a flash of light, it was so blinding and it left a ringing sound in my ears but when I opened my eyes again I realised why I was back here," Jungkook's voice was soft and it sounded quite hurt as he recalled his memories of his death. But he continued, Taehyung needed to know everything.

"I remembered the night I was killed and it honestly still haunts me to this day, but remembering it was the only thing that helped me know how to move along and into the spirit world," he paused sighing, seeing if Taehyung was taking all this information in. He blinked a few times and let out a shaky exhale, letting Jungkook know he was listening.

"I was the only witness to the murder that happened 4 years ago, the one you're doing the article on. I got spotted as I was walking past the alley-way it happened in and the killer saw me, it was the scariest moment of my life. The look in his eye was so... so demonic. He looked evil. He had shown no mercy; he just looked at me straight in the eye while I was frozen in shock and stabbed the person one last time before sprinting after me," another shaky exhale left Taehyung's mouth as he pictured a frighten Jungkook. It made his stomach turn anxiously as the words played in his head like a horror movie, only this is real. Jungkook actually faced this, Jungkook was murdered.

"He-he chased me for what felt like hours, but all of a sudden he wasn't there. I was by the road when I realised he wasn't chasing after me anymore and I thought I was safe until I saw two headlights coming straight for me. I knew then and there that it was over for me. The last thing I saw was that maniacs grin as he accelerated harder. It was fucking awful, Taehyung. It was so scary." Jungkook tried to keep his composure throughout his story but the painful memories that he just dug up to explain to Taehyung made hot tears well up in his brown eyes and slide down his pale, sunken in cheeks. He tried swallowing down a sob but it came back up, his body shaking as he cried.

Jungkook managed to say the rest of his story through the sobs and it left Taehyung feeling a strong urge to help his friend along, even if it meant that by the time it was all over, Jungkook would no longer be around for Taehyung.

"Because I witnessed the murder he came after me. He knows I saw his face and he couldn't risk being caught. But I have to find him, Taehyung. I have to. It's what's going to set me free."

Taehyung's heart clenched at the sight of Jungkook looking so broken. He didn't know that explaining how he was a ghost was this damn emotionally distressing. If he did, he would've only asked for the minor details.

Carefully, the blonde sat up and put his arms around Jungkook. His cries got louder at the act of affection but Taehyung didn't let go, he held Jungkook tighter, letting him know wordlessly that he's there for him and that it's going to be okay.

The brunets head is pressed in Taehyung's neck, held there with the back of his hand that's gently caressing his surprisingly soft hair. After a few wordless minutes, Jungkook managed to calm down, wrapping his own arms around the elder as they sit in silence. His tears have made Taehyung's shirt wet but it doesn't seem to phase him as he continues to hold the pale boy on his arms. Wanting Jungkook to be happy and okay is all the blonde wants, and he'll do anything to make him feel safe and loved because after all, the after life seems quite lonely and from what the blonde had gathered, he's also Jungkook's only friend.

"It's okay," Jungkook felt the journalist's lips slightly caress the shell of his ear as Taehyung spoke gently with a hint of affection lacing his tone.
"I'll help you. No matter what."

----
A/N

SoOooo what do you guys think?

So now you all know how Jungkook died! Pretty tragic if you ask me but yes, at least he has Taehyung to look after him and guide him back home. It's probably going to be an emotional send off if he can ever figure out if he actually caN be taken to the spirit pool. He has been roaming for 4 years so, who knows if he even can go back. (Oh wait, I do! Aha)

But seriously this book has been getting a lot of reads and I'm incredibly thankful! Please do comment and vote though because I would love to know what your thoughts are! (:

Till next time,
-