14

That night passed by in an eerie silence.

Nobody spoke after Hoseok shared his story. They were too shaken up to speak. Although the room was submerged in complete silence, Taehyung's thoughts were loud and booming. He couldn't quite wrap his head around the situation; first it was Jungkook and now Hoseok. He didn't know how or if he could actually help them, but we was going to try his hardest. No one deserves to be in the dark about something as heavy as this situation. Everyone deserves to know the truth, and that is what Taehyung goal for the next day or so is going to be; he's going to let Hoseok's mother learn the truth about her son's death.

After a while of sitting there in the lounge room, Taehyung decided to put his thoughts into action the next morning. Being exhausted isn't going to help anyone, so he headed to bed after saying a short goodnight to Hoseok and Jungkook, who in which silently agreed to stay on the lounge for the night.

Being dead meant they didn't need to sleep or felt any urge to, but for Jungkook, spending time around Taehyung made him feel alive so he couldn't help but close his eyes and pretend to do as his friend in the room over did. Hoseok found it odd but kind of comforting to be around someone so alive like, so he followed the youngers lead and let silence and soft occasional sighs fill the room for the night ahead.

--

Waking the next day, Taehyung felt energised and ready for what he'd been planning last night. First he needed to ask Hoseok one last question, then he'd be ready to put his plan in action.

It wasn't hard to really come up with it, and it wasn't hard to go through with. He just had to act as if he were a medium and pray that Hoseok's mum believed him enough to let him talk.

Surely it would be a simple task.

With an optimistic mindset, Taehyung swung his legs out of bed and got up to make himself some breakfast. He walked out into the living room and found that his two friends were already awake and engaged in a quiet conversation.

"Good morning," he spoke cheerily, a smile directed at the spirits.

"Morning,"

"Good morning Tae, did you sleep well?" Came Jungkook's cute reply. Hoseok looked between them and smirked to himself, he could clearly see how they felt about each other but he understood why nothing was done about it.

"I did, thank you Kookie!" The blonde ruffled the youngers hair adoringly then made his way into the kitchenette to prepare his breakfast.

"So, I have an idea," he spoke up, grabbing the two spirits' attention. "I was thinking that maybe I could meet with your mother, Hoseok, then act as if I'm a medium and connecting with your spirit to explain how things actually happened. Also to get your message across, to let her know you didn't mean for any of this," he explained all while making himself a bowl of cereal and then sitting down at the small dining table, facing the couch where the spirits were sat.

Hoseok had a blank expression but once the words sunk in a bright smile spread across his face.

"That would be perfect! I followed her around once I died for a while and she kept meeting with people that would supposedly let her connect with me but it never quite worked out. I also know where you might find her; she used to spend a lot of time at my grave so maybe if you pretend to be visiting someone and then 'accidentally' bump into her she'll be willing to listen to what you have to say. I'm sure of it!" He explained excitedly, clapping at the end of his sentence.

All three cheered for the plan, and as soon as Taehyung had finished his breakfast and got ready for the day ahead, they set out to put the plan into action; crossing every finger and praying to everything holy that this would work out for Hoseok.

--

Jungkook walked on the blondes right side, hand lightly brushing against the latters as they walked and the urge to hold it grew within him as the minutes passed, and they'd been walking for quiet some time. He was just about to lace his fingers together with Taehyung's when their new friend spoke up.

A slight scowl tugged at the corners of Jungkook's mouth when he heard Hoseok speak, but it quickly went away when he realised how selfish he's acting. He's feeling jealous over the fact that Taehyung is paying more attention to the one in actual need, it's ridiculous really and Jungkook realises this but he just can't help the way his heart tugs whenever Taehyung ignores Jungkook for the latter.

"So what are we going to do if this doesn't work?" It was a good question, one Taehyung avoided thinking about because he really only has plan A and didn't get that far of thinking of plan B before he succumbed to sleep last night. His mind now is still focused on his first plan that he didn't even realise it may not work, plus Hoseok said it would so why would he worry about it?

The blondes steps faltered slightly but he kept up his pace so the other two wouldn't notice his sudden panic, he tried keeping his calm as he replied optimistically.

"It'll work, don't worry. Everything is going to go according to plan my dear friend, just you wait," he slung his arm around the one to his left and smiled widely, hiding his slight concern for if this plan does go awry.

Jungkook saw the action and a frown placed itself on his face as he looked away.

Is this necessary? Jungkook side-eyed them in dismay as he saw Taehyung's arm is still around the smiley spirit. A slight scoff made it past his lips as he folded his arms across his chest, trying to focus his attention on anything else but the two to his left. He spotted the graveyard up ahead and realised its the same one he was buried in. His jealously faded away instantly as he realised this, a faint gasp was heard and the two he was trying to avoid looking at diverted their attention to him.

"What is it Kookie?" Taehyung asked, concerned. He didn't get a reply or even see the blush that would normally dust the youngers cheeks at the nickname so he followed the spirits gaze and it landed in the cemetery a little ways up ahead.

He understood the reason behind Jungkook's gasp and slightly pained expression and dropped his arm from Hoseok's shoulders, who too understood, and wrapped both around the younger as they had stopped walking.

"You don't have to go in, it's okay. But if you do, I'll be with you the whole time. It's okay Jungkookie. I'm here," he gently and lovingly whispered into the brunets ear as his arms encased him in a warm hug. Jungkook drew in a shaky breath and calmed himself down.

Taehyung and Jungkook remained hugging until the latter felt composed enough to handle the events that are going to unfold shortly. Once Jungkook was released from the tight embrace, the journalist intertwined their fingers and gave a cute smile to the younger, saying it's okay using his body language.

Hoseok looked between the two and felt his heart pang at the feelings they had for one another, he knew they wouldn't or couldn't end up together and he felt sympathy for the two. But he didn't let that show as the blonde turned back to him and spoke.

"Are you ready for this?"

"As read as I'll ever be."

And then the three started walking again. Their destination; Hoseok's grave.

----
A/N

Gosh I felt way too tired to even write this but I did it anyways (: you're welcome!!

I was going to make it longer and focus this whole chapter on Hoseok and his mother and moving on and what not but, I'm lazy, also it's a taekook fanfic so I had to add those moments in ok ok.

I hope you enjoyed nonetheless !! Please vote and comment to tell me what you think!

Till next time,
-