05

Taehyung made his way to the motel lobby, instantly being met with the warmth and comfort the homely room gave off as he opened the doors and stepped inside. With big strides he made his way to the check-in desk, tapping the bell to notify his presence to the old man that worked behind it. A muffled shuffling sound was heard before the door situated behind the desk opened and revealed the owner of the motel. The old man smiled and fixed his glasses, making his way over to the rather bouncy blonde.

"How may I help you?" His tone was gentle as he spoke, the smile never leaving his kind face.

"I was wondering if you knew anything about someone bringing my bags to my room?" A confused expression spread across old man's face as he tried to recall anyone coming and going. No one seemed to come to mind so he shook his head, making a frown take its place upon Taehyung's face.

"Are you sure? No one came to ask for entry to room 18?" The journalist tried again. Again, another shake of the head had Taehyung frowning further.

"What about the person I was with last night? Did he come around this morning?" This changed the owners response, instead of shaking his head, he just looked extremely confused.

"Who?" Now it's Taehyung's turn to be confused. The old man pushed his glasses further up his nose and spoke again, "I really don't want to sound rude but I have no idea about what you're talking about, or who you're talking about. I wish I could be more of a help but as far as I'm aware no one asked for access to your room. I'm sorry,"

"He has brown hair, just a bit shorter than me, really skinny and pale..." Taehyung lost hope at the end of his sentence when the old man just sighed and shook his head one last time before shrugging and going back into his office.

"Great, just great!" He threw his hands up in frustration as he tried to stop from yelling out. The owner was being nice about it, but just a little bit more help would've been great rather than walking off. A deep sigh escaped his mouth as he scratched the back of his head, turned around and exited the lobby, feeling heavy. Out of anyone, wouldn't the owner be the one who knew about this? And the mention of Jungkook, why did he have no idea? He was right behind the blonde last night, he even said hello! He lives here too! Geez, what kind of motel owner doesn't even remember who comes and stays here. Taehyung kept grumbling to himself angrily about not having any answers as he walked to his room, sulking. He pulled the keys out of his pocket, eyes trained downwards as he unlocked the door, he stepped past the threshold but stopped abruptly, head snapping up as he turned around almost giving himself whiplash.

There in the parking space right outside his room was his car.

"What the actual fu-" He started to say, very loudly, before the same mother and child from before were walking past, both glaring at him. The child shaking his head as he held his mothers hand tightly. Taehyung quickly shut his mouth and bowed in an apology but as soon as they were out of ear and eye he started mouthing swears and pulling at his hair.

If anyone was around they'd think the journalist was tripping on some illegal substance. In fact, even Taehyung thought he was on something because there is no way his car can just appear in front of him like this. First his bags, now his car, what the actual heck is going on?

"Who the- how th- what is this?" Taehyung kept spluttering over his words, trying to comprehend the sight in front of him. The initial freak out had ceased after a few minutes but he still kept tugging on his hair every now and then, his mouth gaping like one of a fishes as he paced around his white Mercedes, the shock still halting him from thinking properly.

"Excuse me! Excuse me," Taehyung stopped pacing at the back of his car when he spotted someone walking by, he saw them when he left this morning so he figured maybe they saw who brought his car back. The person, a woman, stopped short in her steps, a surprised look on her young face, the woman pushed some stray-away brown hair out of her face before stepping forward to the blonde with tentative steps.