3

I sighed and looked down at my phone. Xabrien told me that I'd better call him, but I didn't know when. I didn't know what to say, or how to say it. I didn't even know how to keep him interested in me. I was somewhat disappointed. He was a very handsome boy. I actually wanted him to pay me attention. I hadn't given a boy the time of day since I broke up with my ex, and I was hoping he could be the one to change that.

I listened as I heard the front door open and my sister came into the house. Not one thing would be said about her coming home this late. It was going on 11:00 on a school night. I stepped in the house at 9:10 and caught hell. It was irritating. 

My room door creaked open and Hadia's high bun appeared.

"So?" She asked with wide eyes.

"So what?" I questioned.

We were identical twins, but if you spent enough time around us, you'd be able to tell us apart. I chose to wear a natural head of curls, whereas Hadia permed and straightened her hair.

She also a beauty mark on the left side of her face, mine was on the right side. Hadia wore make up on a daily basis, but I rarely even mustered up enough courage to throw on lipstick. I always wore lipgloss. My teeth were also much straighter than Hadia's, we both had braces our freshman year. But she never wore her retainer and he teeth returned to their crooked state slowly but surely.

We had the same glowing chocolate complexion, the same full lips, same pointed nose and almond eyes. Hadia was a bit more developed than me, but she was a little more top heavy. I played softball so I had big thighs, and arms. We got most of our features from our mother, who gave us both petite figures.

"What do you think of Xabrien?" She asked flipping the light switch and looking me in the eyes.

"Um, nothing yet," I chewed on my bottom lip.

"Why not? What happened?"

"Nothing happened. I didn't know when would be a good time to call him." I shrugged.

She rolled her eyes and laughed at me.

"Wait like ten minutes then call him. He just dropped Tyson off. And don't say no weird shit about serial killers neither Nadia. Boys don't like that," Hadia informed me.

I had a fascination with serial killers. What could posses and human being to kill and feel no remorse was something that piqued my curiosity more than imaginable. That was the drive behind me wanting to be a forensic psychologist. The human mind amazed me.

"Well if I can't be myself with him, what's the point in talking to him?" I asked her with furrowed brows.

"Shit, I don't know Na. For fun I guess? He's cute. You might actually like him. Just go for it, and don't fuck it up," Hadia said.

She stretched and rolled up into a ball at the foot of my bed. She could be terrible at giving me advice sometimes, but she did often push me to do things that she knew I wouldn't do without her encouragement.

"Why are you getting comfortable?" I asked her.

"Because, I wanna be in here when you call him. I don't think you'd do it if I wasn't around."

I wouldn't have talked to that boy if she wasn't around. I don't think he would've approached me if she wasn't there. Honestly, every time I'd ever walked on the wild side it was by my sister's advice.

She was my best friend and my worst enemy rolled into one. We shared a womb for nine months, a connection between us was inevitable. We knew each other in ways that others didn't. Nobody knew that we both had the same birth mark on the inside of our right thigh. It looked like a video icon.