15

I woke up with a couple empty Cheeto bags on my bed. Hadia must've went into her room sometime last night, because I was in my bed.

"Bout time yo ass woke up." Xabrien scared the fuck out of me.

I hated when my family let him in without asking me first. He always had that habit of just randomly popping up. Sometimes I didn't wanna be bothered.

I lay back in bed stretched.

"How long have you been here?" I asked.

"Only like an hour." He replied.

He was laid out at the foot of my bed shirtless scrolling through his phone. And to my surprise, my room door was closed. This must've been the work of Satan himself. My parents didn't play that shit.

"Watch out. I gotta pee." I mumbled pulling myself from under the blanket.

I waddled to the bathroom and emptied my bladder. I brushed my teeth and washed my face, then returned to my room. Xabrien had laid out on my bed, taking up all the space.

I hated when he did that shit. I went to my dresser and grabbed some changing clothes. I didn't plan on going anywhere, and he damned sure wasn't about to get me out of this house.

I just grabbed a pair of compression shorts and an old sleeveless shirt I had from my softball days. I also grabbed a clean pair of undergarments and headed to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower, my mind racing. I cheated on Xabrien last night. Though it was just a peck, I still let it happen. I put myself in that vulnerable situation. I shouldn't have went down there. I should've just stayed home and stayed unbothered with Hadia.

I didn't know if I wanted to tell him or not. But I did know one thing for certain, I wanted a break.

Things were going too far too fast. I didn't want to leave Xabrien alone completely. I just wanted a break. I didn't know when I wanted it to start, or when I wanted it to end, but It was what I wanted. We could pick up the pieces whenever we felt ready.

I finished my shower and twisted my hair back into two halo twists before rejoining Xabrien in my room.

"You hungry?" He asked me.

"I don't feel like going out. I can make breakfast."

"Girl it's lunch time. I ordered us some Chinese food. And happy New Years." He said.

"Same to you baby."

"Give me some lips."

I felt guilty, my lips had been against someone else's. But I couldn't let the guilt show.

I leaned up and pecked his lips.

"That was dry." He rolled his eyes.

"I just got some stuff on my mind. I'm not really in the mood." I sighed.

"You know you can talk to me about anything baby." He assured me.

"Yeah, I know babe."

"If you wanna get it off your chest I got you."

"I'd rather not." I said lowly.

He looked taken aback by my words. He'd tell me what was bothering him in a heartbeat, but I was more closed off. I cheated on him and my sister is pregnant. Two major bombshells that I have to hold.

"Oh." He replied dryly.

He continued to click away on his phone. I wondered who he was texting for a second, then remembered he wasn't me and wouldn't cheat.