17

I woke up in Xabrien's empty bed. He was gone. I knew he wasn't that far off though.

I got up and snuck across the hall to the bathroom. Xabrien was in there standing over the toilet peeing.

"I'm in here!" He gasped jumping back.

"Chill." I shushed him and went into the bathroom closing the door behind me.

"My mom know you here now. She's downstairs making breakfast."

I turned my head a little and let him finish his business. He finished and washed his hands, then grabbed his toothbrush.

"You have an extra one for me?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He responded.

He went into the drawer and got the toothbrush for me.

"Turn around I gotta pee."

"First off, you don't have morning that I haven't seen. Secondly, you just saw me on soft and I didn't tell you nothing. Don't start with me."

I smiled. He was sorta behind himself. I pulled down my bottoms and started to pee. I finished and joined Xabrien at the sink. I washed my hands then started to brush my teeth.

"How you feel this morning baby?" I asked after we both finished brushing our teeth.

He didn't respond, so I just pretended I didn't ask the question. I leaned up and pecked his lips.

"I'm sorry for dragging you here. I just really really needed you." He mumbled grabbing me by my waist and looking me in the eyes.

"Baby why'd you keep snapping on me, why didn't you just tell me what was up?"

"You were having a bad day, and we'd argued earlier and you told me you were going to sleep so.."

"Xabrien promise me that you'll never drink and drive again.."

"Nadia it wasn't that much."

"Just promise me. You could be the one in a casket right now." I said sternly.

"I promise." He mumbled breaking our gaze.

He turned and walked out of the bathroom. I smushed me my hair through the night. I grabbed Xabrien's comb, wet my hair, then put it into two halo twists. That's how I usually wore my hair when I didn't feel like doing it.

I went into Xabrien's room and grabbed a pair of sweatpants out his dresser because I didn't want his parents to see my in the shorts I had on.

I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and started to look through my notifications. My Raven and Janelle had mad a group chat trying to have n intervention but I was sleeping.

I was tired as fuck when I got here. I was only up because Xabrien needed me. He just wanted to talk. He was telling me all kind of stories about his brother from when they were kids. His brother really meant everything to him.

I walked down the stairs wincing down every step. My legs were on fire from running drills for softball.

I turned into the kitchen where I was met by the smell of eggs and turkey bacon. Xabrien's family didn't eat pork.

I walked over to Ms. Eve and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. She looked so drained. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying.

"Goodmorning mama."

"Goodmorning baby, how did you sleep?" She asked.

"I slept fine. How about you?"