9

I'd been avoiding everyone. I couldn't look my parents in the eyes knowing I wasn't their baby girl anymore.

I felt horrible, I contemplated telling them to protect myself. I could've been pregnant, or Xabrien could've gave me something. I didn't think things through all the way.

I pushed the thoughts to the back of my head. Xabrien wasn't foul like that. I'm more than sure if I would've told him I wanted a plan b he wouldn't got it for me.

My entire body felt.. weird. It felt so different. My area tingled for the smallest things. I never knew that sex made it so sensitive.

I laid back on my pillow and stared at the ceiling.

Not even my bestfriends knew that I'd had sex. We all promised to tell each other when we did, but I just gave it up in the backseat. That's embarrassing. That's easy. I didn't want any body to know that.

My phone buzzed with a message.

Xabrien 💓: are you okay??

Xabrien 💓: answer my calls

Xabrien 💓: or text back 😕

Xabrien 💓: nadia im worried about you.. it's been three days babe pls say something

I locked my phone and sighed. He was worried about me. It was cute, but I didn't know what to say to him.

My stupid ass let him pipe me up, then had an emotional breakdown. I know he was more confused than ever, because so was I.

I listened in on the conversation unfolding in my parent's room. My sister was getting in trouble.

"Why the fuck them grades look like that, huh?" I heard Daddy asked.

"Hold on Ronald! Why she got this big ass hickey on her neck?!" I heard my Mama say.

"So you think you fucking grown huh? Who the fuck been sucking on your neck?"

She was whispering her replies like she always did when she got in trouble. She'd act innocent even if every odd was stacked against her.

I went to the mirror and examined my neck. The one hickey Xabrien did give me had faded already. Thank god, I wasn't trying to be in the hot seat.

I walked around both school and the house with a hoodie on on Monday trying to make sure nobody saw that shit.

"Go in that fucking room! Yo ass ain't going no where." Daddy yelled before I heard her exit their room.

I heard her heavy foot steps then her room door slammed.

"Slam another motherfuckin door and see where you end up!!" I heard Ma yell.

I sighed and looked down at my ringing phone. Xabrien was calling me. I still wasn't ready to talk to him. I muted my phone and turned over in my bed, I wanted a nap.

I pulled the blankets over my head and started to drift off.

~

My room door swung open and I looked at who'd been standing on the other side.

"Wake up!!" Hadia whisper yelled at me.

"What?" I groaned.

"Xabrien outside! And Daddy ain't go to work yet!!" She said closing my door and inviting herself into my room.