24

The only person I wanted to talk about Xabrien with was Xabrien. But that wasn't possible. I felt like I was Hazel Grace when she lost Augustus.

It didn't hurt, but Xabrien never put his hands on me before. He never even raised his hands to me. I was in disbelief. We were the couple everybody looked to as goals. But I just couldn't do it anymore.

I sat in my car crying in front of my door for a good thirty minutes. I was so hurt. I love him.

But he was treating me like shit and all I was doing was finding excuses for him. Just because his brother died didn't mean he had the right to treat me like I didn't mean anything to him.

My phone started to ring in my lap. I flipped it over and looked at the caller ID. It was Lo.

"Hello?" I answered, trying to hide the fact that I was crying.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked.

"I feel like trash."

"Is there anything I can do for you?" He asked.

"I don't think so." I mumbled wiping my eyes.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"At my house."

"I saw that you were with Xabrien.. Did you flake on me for him?"

"Truth be told I did, but I regret it. And I don't think that's going to be happening again for a while." I mumbled.

"Why not? That is your boyfriend."

"Nah. We're taking a break."

"Shit, what happened?"

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"Is there something I can do to comfort you?" He asked.

I sighed and looked at the time on my phone. It was 11:00. Hadia hadn't called me, so she must've been okay.

Baby 💓: Nadia this ain't funny. come back & talk to me 😕

Baby 💓: baby please 💔

Baby 💓: I know I fucked up, but I love you

Baby 💓: baby I'm sorry 😩💔 I'll never do anything to hurt you again

"You mind if I come over?" I asked.

"Uh, sure. My parents home though. You don't mind sneaking in?"

"Nah. Not that much. I'm just not tryna be alone tonight."

"Bet, aye, park in the neighbors driveway. They out of town and you know my parents be bugging."

Logan's parents didn't really like me. It was all based on my skin color and we both knew it. They'd better hope to god he didn't accidentally get my pregnant cause we'd all be trapped with each other. But I was on birth control so that wasn't going to happen. He could bust in my all he wanted and there'd be no baby. I most definitely wasn't in that 1% to get pregnant on birth control.

"Meet me around back?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm turning off the lights right now." He said, referring to the motion sensors lights that littered his yard.

"I'm pulling up. I see you." I threw up a B and he laughed at me.

"Gang!"

I got out of the car and hung up the phone. I went over to him and he pulled me into a hug. Damn, I needed that right about now.