12

Someone knocking on the door awoke me from my peaceful slumber. I was sleeping good too. All a nigga throat was dry. I must've been snoring.

I was home alone, and knew damn well it wasn't Xabrien. He'd went VA to visit his brother on base for the weeks. And everyone who lives here has a key.

I went into the kitchen then trudged to the door.

"Who is it?" I asked groggily pulling the door open.

There stood Logan, glued into his phone as usual.

"Can I help you?" I asked trying to rub the sleep from my eyes.

"My parents are having like, this house warming party and we wanted to know if you and your family wanted to drop by."

"Everyone's gone except me." I yawned.

"Well, you can come. We have food."

"Can y'all cook?" I asked.

"Yeah we can cook." Logan smiled.

"I feel like you lying, but okay." I shrugged. "I'll go get dressed then come down."

He stepped inside without invitation. I guess it was okay for him to be allowed to sit downstairs and wait for me to get dressed.

I went into my room and found a quick outfit to throw on. I found some jeans and a striped black and white fitted tee. I threw on a pair of toms then headed down the steps to Logan. He was leaned back on the couch watching the tv.

"I'm done." I announced.

"Alright, cool." He yawned.

He seemed uninterested, yet he invited me there.

We left out of the house after I locked up and started the walked down the street.

"So?" He asked me.

"So?" I replied.

"How long have you and your boyfriend been together?" He asked.

"Me and Xabrien? A few months." I replied.

"How many months are a few?" He asked.

"Like five give or take. He's met my family and all."

"Thats cool." He said flatly. "Are you guys like, in love?"

"I don't know. Why are you asking so many questions about him?"

"I don't know. Curiosity. Y'all seem really happy together." He mumbled.

"I think we are. Do you have a girlfriend?"

"I don't know right now." He checked the notifications on his phone, then angrily pressed the power button.

"You don't know?" I asked.

"We're arguing and shit. This distance is hard."

"Where'd you move here from?" I asked as we reached his house.

We made it to porch and I followed him up the steps. There were about four cars parked in his driveway.

"We came all the way from fucking Wisconsin." He said.

I could tell by how his carried out his words he wasn't from around here.

"Why?"

"Some business transfer shit with my dad. But it's really like some American Horror Story type shit, but reversed. My mom was having an affair and she got pregnant, but she had a stillborn. My dad got a DNA test on the stillborn. Wasn't his. He got pissed, and we moved all the way across the country."