26

"Are you okay?" I asked peering into his blue eyes.

They were more of an ocean blue than a sky blue. I loved them so much. He was so handsome when I really sat there an analyzed him. Especially now that he'd cleaned himself up. With the drugs and all I mean. He still had on his bloody tshirt. He just had a pack of frozen vegetables pressed against his face.

"What the fuck was that Nadia?!"

"No more yelling." I mumbled rubbing my temples.

"I'm sorry." He apologized.

"Yeah." I nodded.

I waited a few hours for everything to blow over before I bothered to come and check on him. A few hours to let things set in. I'd text Xabrien later.

"So..?"

"So what?"

"He found out about me and you?"

"There is no me and you. You said you don't wanna be with me because you think he makes me happy, but I told him I wanna be with you because you make me happy."

"You really said that?" Lo asked staring at me.

"That's probably the reason he attacked yo ass. He asked me if we were fucking and got mad when the question came back inconclusive."

"You took a lie detector test?" He asked.

"Boy no." I gave him a stale face. "I didn't wanna answer the question."

"Why not? It's not like we are."

"Because I don't owe him an explanation."

"I feel really shitty now." He held his head down.

"What's wrong with you?"

"I make you happy. I-You wanna be with me?"

"What?"

"Do you wanna be with me?"

"Logan I just got out of a relationship-"

"No, not right now. I mean like, in general. You left Xabrien because you wanna be with me?"

"You don't want me anyways! You just tryna fuck and that's become obvious! Why you asking me a dumb ass question like that?!" I yelled at him, suddenly becoming angry.

Why the fuck was he asking me 21 questions? It wasn't going to change reality.

"Nadia I'm not tryna piss you off."

"Well you did a bad job at that."

"It's not that I don't wanna be with you, I don't wanna be with somebody that's in love with someone else. I'm not tryna set myself up for the kill." He explained.

"If I'm with you then I'm all about you."

"Like you were all about Xabrien with your tongue down my throat?" He asked.

"Fuck you Logan. That was low."

"Real rap." He shrugged.

"You know, at one point I genuinely wanted to be your friend?" I laughed, pulling myself off the trampoline.

"Where you going?" He asked.