21

"Happy birthday!" My mother screamed in my room.

"Thank you Mommy." I groaned rubbing my eyes.

I sat up and saw that she was holding my usual birthday platter. Chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, turkey bacon and a big cup of apple juice. Two candles that said 17 were in the stack of pancakes.

"Where's Hadia?" I asked yawning.

"Your father is in there with her. Xabrien coming over here?" She asked.

I nodded my head yes.

"Is he coming out with us? Or do y'all have something planned?"

"I don't know what that boy is up to." I shrugged.

I grabbed my phone off my nightstand and snapped a picture of my birthday breakfast and put it on snapchat.

My phone was lit with messages for my birthday, and I didn't even fuck with that many people. But I didn't see one from X..

We'd been arguing a lot lately behind the smallest things. But I wasn't really feeling like I needed pause our relationship anymore, I was feeling what i was saying, I was open with him, I didn't understand why we argued so much.

I felt like I wanted to cry, I know he was awake because he'd posted on snapchat a few hours ago. I brushed off the sensation to cry. My mother made plans to bring my sister and I to get our hair and nails done, and out to eat. I was going to enjoy my day regardless.

School is almost done, I'm going to be a senior, I'm 17, I'm beautiful. The world is in my pockets. So if Xabrien wanted to be an asshole, I'd just go enjoy myself by myself. I wasn't going to be a dumb bitch and cheat. I loved him.

And even if he ignored me on my birthday, my stupid dumb ass was going to forgive him. Bitch I love him! He could bite the tip of my nose off and I'll forgive him. Because I fucking love him!

I finished my breakfast that my mother so graciously made and rushed to the bathroom. I had to beat Hadia to it. That hoe would take all day in the bathroom knowing I have to shower and get dressed too.

I grabbed my clothes off my chair, I had put them out last night. I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I took an amazing bath with bath bombs X bought for me. I shaved everything too. I didn't know if I was gonna get some or not. X and I didn't really have a schedule as to when we fucked. It was just when we felt like it.

So it was hard to know when to shave, or when to wear the cute panties. We were in a dry spell anyways. Since Xabriel died, X had been down a lot. So all off my engery went towards making sure my baby was okay. I didn't like when he was down. I made sure he was feeling his best. You can't just fuck the sadness away. The relationship we had was far beyond sex just because. We had some type of emotional connection.

I went into the bathroom and did my hygiene. It didn't take me very long. I knew my sister had to go so I was being considerate.

"Goodmorning Princess." I bumped into my father in the hallway.

"Good morning Daddy."

"Happy birthday." He hugged me extra tight then handed me a glittery card.

When I was about 7, my father and I made a pact that we would always give each other home made cards on the occasion. The fact that it was 10 years later, and he took the time out to make cards for me always touched my heart.