19

I yawned and stretched out in bed, my eyes glued to my computer screen as I watched X attempt to be "New Orleans' best dipper"

"Remember that time we established that you don't have rhythm?" I asked X.

"Yeah, why?" He said breathlessly into the camera.

"You need to take that into consideration right now because you look like you trying to roll dice but it ain't really working. Your shooter dip is horrible, you don't even throw your 6s up right."

"Yeah, well. Oh well!" He huffed with an attitude making me laugh.

"Now how you gone get mad at me because you can't dip?" I laughed.

"I don't know." He shrugged. "Get up and start that project."

"Fuck that project. Fuck AP chemistry. Fuck Mr. Bailey. Fuck that model of a food chain that shit pointless anyways. I'm a goddamn junior. The fuck I look like not knowing how a food chain works? And his duck ass want us to make up animals. Like bitch?"

"Get out your feelings." He laughed.

"No! How the hell in supposed to do that? Use leprechauns and unicorns??"

"Use those pokemons you so obsessed with."

"No. That's hard and stupid." I huffed. "And stop hating on my Pokemon."

"My girlfriend loves Pokemon more than me."

"You right. You should see my horsea!"

"Ouch my heart." He clutched his chest playfully. "Do your project!"

"No! Fuck you!"

"Ima come whoop yo ass for myself. Sharonda and Ronald ain't gone be able to get to you quick enough." He said sternly.

I got up and went to my desk anyways. I knew X was right, and if I didn't start this project I wasn't going to do it at all.

"How've you been feeling lately?" I asked him.

"I don't know. I guess it does get a little easier everyday. I haven't cried in a few days.."

"That's great babe. I wish I could give you a big big hug right now."

We hadn't seen each other in about three or four days, we'd both been beyond busy with school. Both of our seasons had been in play. Even though  Xabriel passed, Xabrien refused to take any bench time.

He wanted to get as many scholarships as possible, and he wanted to prove that he could press on through anything. He was working himself too hard. And he didn't believe me when I told him he was.

"I want more than a hug." He smirked.

"Don't start. Ya nasty."

"I can't help it." He laughed.

"Yeah you can." I kissed my teeth.

"Okay, this what Ima do. Ima just add extra letters to the name of regular animals." I laughed.

"You could do it like, a bunny eats everything else. I mean, you have to make up your own animals. Make a vicious ass bunny."

"I want a bunny."

"You want me to buy you one?"