Chapter 7

Today was my first day of school at Hamilton High and I was shaking with nerves. This would be my first crowd since the mall incident. The school I was going to was one of the smaller ones in the district.

I was currently sitting in the office waiting for the student guide they were appointing to me. The principal, who was made aware of my predicament, had the idea of giving me a guide that can help me with anything related to school.

I was skimming through my student handbook when a voice jostled me out of my thoughts and made me drop my book. So I looked up.

"Didn't mean to scare you Baby Bird. I'm assuming that you're the student I'm showing around." Emily, the girl with hair like the sun and eyes like the sky was my student guide. She was wearing black converse, shorts and a white tank top; and she remembers my nickname.

I had taken to carrying around cue cards with simple phrases so I don't always have to write. I chose one in particular. Haha.

She giggled to which I stuck out my tounge. The principal walked up stopping our fun.

Talking to me she said "It seems you have already made aquaitance with our student president Emily Wolfe. She will be your guide for the day."

I nodded and stood up, getting out my notepad I wrote Lead the way.

She held out her hand and I grabbed it. She looked at me funny.

"I need your schedule silly."

I looked around in my backpack trying to keep my head down so she couldn't see my blush. I looked at the ground as I handed it to her.

"Looks like you have English with Mr. Gomez. He's nice. C'mon, the bell's about to ring."

She grabbed my hand and led me to my next class. I was blushing the whole way.
---------------------------------------------------------
It was only first period on my first day of school and I already want to go home. Emily, who turned out to have a lot of the same classes, said that it was normal for any student to feel that way.

Mr. Gomez was nice enough, but he keeps asking personal questions and expects different people to answer them. He's already called on me once and the awkward silence as I wrote the answer was grating.

I was currently sitting next to Emily and one her friends was on the other side of her. His name was Marcus. He had dark hair and eyes, bit on the tall side too.

I've mostly just been drawing on a loose leaf paper. Small doodles. There was one of a bird.

Mr. Gomez said that we were going to read 1984 by George Orwell as I first book. He recommended buying it so I'll have to talk to Melissa about that.

Marcus looked over at me and threw a wadded up piece of paper at me. I glared at him until he motioned for me to open it up. Emily was actually listening to the teacher though. I opened it up and it said five words that caused panic to rise up in me.

You like her don't you?

I guess my reaction was a good answer because he just nodded and smiled. Emily was still completely oblivious. That question also brought up other questions to the point of an internal dilemma. Am I ready for a relationship? How would I ask her? Would she accept me?

'Would she even say yes?'