Ch.13 Overhear

The next day at school, as the guys were heading down the hall, Cameron was looking at his phone when something caught his eye.

"Whoa guys look at this" he said with shock "Looks like they've found that missing guy Ethan encountered."

"What?" Ethan said as he and Tyler looked at Cameron's phone.

"Damn" Tyler cringed "Is that suppose to be his body in the ditch?"

"Yep" Cameron sighed "Poor guy, looks like he's been stabbed in the chest."

"Hey" Ivy went up to them "You looking at the news of the found body of that guy?"

"Yeah" Ethan said "In fact I met him a few days ago, he was trespassing on my land, and when I turned around he was gone, and then his shoes fell from the sky."

"Just as I thought" Ivy sighed.

"What?"

"If you look closely at the guy's body, you can see bite marks on his neck."

The guys looked at the picture again, and as they looked closer, they were able to see 2 holes in the guy's neck.

"So a vampire took him?" Ethan said surprised.

"Looks like a vampire needed to feast" Ivy said "And that guy seemed to be unlucky."

"So is he going to turn into a vampire?" Tyler asked.

"Well since his body has been in the ditch for a few days, then no."

"But I thought that if a vampire bites your neck and drinks your blood, you'll become a vampire" Cameron said.

"Unless the vampire kills you after he feasts on you."

"That could explain the stabbed wound in the chest" Ethan said.

"This is bad" Ivy said with a worried look "If this keeps happening, the more people are gonna die."

"Obviously" Tyler said.

"Is there anything we can do?" Cameron asked.

"I don't know, I think the best idea so far is to just stay inside at night."

At that point the bell rang, but as everyone was heading to class, Ethan caught up with Ivy.

"So is there like anything we can use to protect ourselves from monsters?" he asked.

"Why are you asking that?" she asked "Don't you already know how to protect yourselves from vampires and stuff?"

"Yeah but I just thought there might be other ways that I don't know of."

"Well if you must know, if you have to go out at night, I recommend you wear anything silver, like a silver cross, that way you can protect yourselves from vampires and werewolves."

"But what about evil witches and warlocks and well black magic?"

"You can wear lucky charms or amulets that can protect from evil, Raven has some, you can ask her later."

"Sweet."

As they went away, Ethan decided to go into the library for a book about vampires. As he looked around he finally found a book about different monsters. But as he was starting to walk pass the shelves, he spotted what appeared to be Alex talking to some Gothic teens when he suddenly heard Ivy's name. He quickly went back to the shelf and peeked from behind it and watched them.

"So Ivy still hasn't drank human blood yet?" a Gothic guy asked.

"Nope" Alex said "The last time I saw her, I can still smell animal blood on her."

The teens gave groans.

"When is she going to learn that being a full vampire is so much fun?" a Gothic girl asked "I mean you get to stay young forever and look totally hot, and animal blood is just not as sweet as human blood."

"Oh she will eventually" Alex said with a sneaky look "By the time I get my hands on that Animarum, she'll be begging to become a full vampire."

At that point, Ethan quickly pulled out his phone and turned on a recorder.

"So don't forget everyone" Alex said "In a couple of days, we meet at the graveyard, and when the solar eclipse is full, that's when we start digging and achieve the Animarum."

Just then Ethan took a step back and accidentally bumped into a shelf causing a book to fall off and onto the floor making a loud noise.

"What was that?" the Gothic girl asked as Alex looked around the shelf to see a book on the floor.

He picked up the book.

"This book must of fallen" he said as the librarian shussed him "Sorry."

As he went away, Ethan came out from hiding from behind another shelf. And as the Gothic vampires left the library, he looked at his phone with proof of whatever the vampires were planning.

_______

Now in Chemistry class, Raven and Cameron decided to sit together as their teacher explained the assignment.

"Today you will be finishing your volcanoes" the teacher explained "You may work with a partner, and don't forget to clean up."

"You wanna work together?" Raven asked.

"Sure" he said "Mainly because I don't know what to do."

Raven gave a small laugh "Well let's just get everything ready."

After gathering the pre-made volcano, Raven and Cameron gathered the other materials.

"Okay" Cameron said with his goggles on as he read the instructions "It says here we need to add baking soda to the mixture, where's the baking soda?"

Um" Raven said as she looked around "It appears we don't have it."

"Oh dammit" he said with disappointment "I just remembered I left it in my kitchen."

"Don't worry, I got a better idea."

"Are you gonna use your magic?"

"Yep."

"But isn't that cheating?"

"No, it's called improvising."

Cameron just sighed as Raven looked around to make sure no one was watching, and then she quickly used her magic on the volcano, and soon the 'lava' started to rise as they gasped.

"See?" Raven smiled "What did I tell yah?"

"Wow" Cameron said amused "I'm impressed, we are so getting an A."

But all of a sudden, the lava started to explode as everyone shrieked. The lava went everywhere, on their clothes, hair, the floor, everywhere. When it stopped, everyone was covered in the lava as they all looked at Raven and Cameron.

"Good thing we have our goggles on" Cameron quickly said.