Ch.24 Old notebook

While everyone waited for the evening to come, they decided to hang inside Twilight Hall. They sat on the stairs looking at their weapons when Shannon came up to them with a notebook in her hands.

"So" Shannon said "I heard that you guys are going to the fair to do some monster hunting."

"Well mainly is to stop our enemies" Raven said.

"I also know that Alex has the Animarum" Shannon added.

"How'd you know that?" Ethan asked.

"I was hunting for rats near the cemetery when I saw him holding up the Animarum."

"Now how do you know about the Animarum?" Ivy asked.

"I've been around more than you guys, so I decided to do some learning and read about the Animarum in the library. And earlier today I was exploring an old dorm here, and under one of the beds I found this."

She handed Ivy the small leather notebook, Ivy took it and opened the cover to see that it belonged to Alexander Bloodlust.

"It's Alex's old notebook" Shannon said.

Ivy flipped through the pages while reading the writings, but as she read it, her eyes widen.

"What is it?" Ethan asked.

"Remember how in 1885, the monster hunters killed most of the monster?" Ivy said.

"Yeah."

"Alex was one of the survivors."

"What?" everyone gasped.

"He was one of the vampires who invaded Paranoia, but when the monster hunters came, they killed his family, leaving him the only member who survived."

"So you're telling me that he's a vampire from 1885?" Tyler said surprised.

"Pretty much."

"So the Animarum" Raven said "He's gonna use it to suck everyone's souls in."

"And he's gonna use the souls to resurrect all of the vampires who were killed in 1885" Shannon added with a worried look "All of who are gonna kill everyone."

"All for revenge" Dawn added with her eyes widen.

"We gotta stop him" Ivy said with shock "If we don't a lot of people will die."

"Isn't that what we're about to do?" Tyler asked.

"You know what I mean."

"So since all of this is just for revenge" Raven said "That must mean all the other monsters must be going to the fair for the same reason."

"Revenge?" Tyler said.

"Well maybe not all of them, the vampires mostly. But the things is, like what Ivy said, if we don't stop them, a lot of people will die."

"That's why I'm up for the fight" Cameron said as he placed an arrow in his crossbow.

"Do you even know how to use that?" Shannon asked.

"All I have to do is aim and-" but at that point, his finger slipped as the arrow shot out and towards a knight amour that bounced off it and straight towards Shannon who quickly caught it before it could hit her head.

She turned to Cameron who had his eyes widen.

"Yeah I may need to practice" he said as she handed him back the arrow.

"But that was a good catch" Tyler commented to Shannon.

"I know" she smiled proudly.

Later that evening, everyone made it to the fair where it was already crowed with people wearing their costumes. Raven parked the van behind the fair near the woods where they all got out with Dawn and Ivy carrying gym bags filled with their weapons.

"This way" Raven said as they went to the back of the fair where they went up to a closed fence that was sealed with a chain.

"How do we get in?" Ethan asked.

"Leave that to me" Dawn said as she used her strength to pull the chain off and opened the door.

Everyone then went in and hid behind a tent.

"Okay" Raven said "Everyone split up and go to a certain spot, when the sun goes down, that's when the monsters attack. Now is everyone ready?"

"Yep" they all said.

"Okay, now let's split up."

Everyone then split up and went to certain areas. As Ethan waited near a food truck, he then got a text from Ivy.

Ivy: Just spotted Alex, be on guard

He replied with 'Got it'.

"Can I get you anything?" the food truck guy asked him.

"Oh uh" Ethan said as he looked at the menu on the truck when he spotted something "Yeah, I'll take one basket of garlic bread please."

One the other side of the fair, Dawn peeked from behind a tent to see Luke talking to some other werewolves, but as she watched them, a dog came up behind her and started to sniff her butt.

"Hey!" she hissed "Get away! Shoo! Sniff other dogs butt!"

The dog then went away.

"Sometimes it sucks to smell like a dog" she sighed.

Just then there was a shout.

"Step right up ladies and gentlemen!" a young man shouted as everyone looked "Who wants to see some magic?!"

Everyone applauded as Cameron went up to the crowd.

"You may wanna keep an eye on him" Raven went up to him "That's no magician, that's a warlock."

"A what?" Cameron said.

"A male witch, that's evil."

"I thought those were sorcerers."

"No, there's a difference."

"For my first trick" the warlock said "I will need a volunteer."

Some of the people raised their hands.

"How about you?" he pointed to a teenage girl.

"Sweet!" she exclaimed as she went up to him.

"I have a bad feeling about this" Raven said with a nervous look.

"Now Miss" the warlock said to the girl "For this trick, I need you to stand still."

"Okay" she said as she stood still.

"Just relax."

He then looked to the sky to see that the sun was down.

"Perfect" he said with a sneaky smile as he turned to the girl "Now here's where the fun begins."

He then started to breath in everyone watched as what appeared to be the girl's soul being sucked into the warlock as it took her breath away. After the warlock finished sucking in her soul, the girl fell to the ground, dead. Everyone including Raven and Cameron stood there in shock as the warlock turned to them.

"Who's next?" he asked with a sneaky look.

"Everyone run!" Raven yelled as she used her wand to shoot some electric magic at the warlock sending him flying into a tent.

Everyone panicked as they started to run. Raven looked into the sky to see that the sun was now gone.

"It's starting" she said.