Ch.23 Preparation

Later that night, in his room, Ethan was putting small sharpened pencils into foam tubes when he suddenly heard a knock at him window. He looked up and saw Ivy waving at him, he went to the window and opened it.

"Hey" she smiled.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, noticing that she was floating.

"Well I just had a snack and figured I might as well see you. Can I come in?"

"Sure" he said as he moved away so she could fly in.

"Oo, what are you making?" she asked when she saw the pencils on his bed.

"Oh I had this cool weapon idea" he said "So I put sharpened pencils in these foam tubes, and put them in these Nerf guns, and bam, instant stake to the heart."

"Cool" she smiled "Oh, you should also put garlic on a string and wear it around your neck."

"Yeah that's what I'm planning on, except that I have to think of an excuse on why I need all the garlic cause my brother likes to cook sometimes."

"Just tell him it's for a project or something."

"Yeah I might go with that."

Just then there was a knock at the door.

"Ethan" they heard Jared say.

"Quick hide!" Ethan whispered as Ivy quickly hid behind his bed just as Jared came in.

"Where's the pencil sharpener?" he asked as he then noticed the pencils on Ethan's bed "Uh, what's with the pencils?"

"Oh uh, school project" Ethan said.

Jared went to his bed and picked up one of the pencil bullets.

"Jeez what are you gonna shoot with these?" he asked as he examined the bullet.

"Um, scarecrows."

Jared then gave a sigh as he tossed the pencil on the bed.

"Have fun" he said as he left the room.

After making sure he was gone, Ethan looked on the other side of his bed, but to his surprise, Ivy wasn't there.

"Ivy?" he said as he looked around, but she wasn't there.

"Ivy" he called again, but still no answer.

Thinking that she left, he gave a sigh as he laid his head on his pillow, but when he looked up at the ceiling, he gave a shriek when he saw Ivy pressed against the ceiling.

"Hi" she smiled.

"Not cool man!" he yelled.

"Ethan what was that?!" they heard Jared yell.

"Oh uh, it's nothing!" Ethan yelled.

"You sure?!"

"Yeah!"

"Okay cause if there's a murderer in your room please yell!"

"Will do!"

Ethan gave a smirk as he looked back up at the ceiling, but to his surprise Ivy wasn't there.

"What the?" he said as he stood up.

"So?" Ivy suddenly said as he shrieked to see her next to him.

"You have got to stop that!" he yelled.

"Sorry" she smiled "It's what I do. So, are you nervous about tomorrow?"