Chapter 2

By the time I had brought Miss Knowles' food out, there were two men sitting across from her. She looked perplexed by them, while I on the other hand was simply confused as to why they would be there. I wanted to say something, but it wasn't my place. I knew that already- that was always one of the first lessons: don't speak out of hand.

"Is everything alright?" I asked as I placed the plate in front of her. "Or can I get you boys anything?"

Miss Knowles shook her head. "They were just leaving, don't mind them. They also don't want anything. Isn't that right, boys?" 

The taller of the two chuckled quietly. "Yes, that's right, Sasha. We were just leaving. Leave us-"

"No, Nicki, can you get me a drink?"

I looked between the two parties, the shorter of the men standing up and leaning on the table to stare right at Miss Knowles. She hardly seemed intimidated, but if anything she appeared to be annoyed. 

"Yeah, um...what would you like?" I asked, starting to nervously chew on my bottom lip as I waited for a response and still watched the two men.

"Actually, the check is fine. Hurry, though, if you could."

I nodded, turning around to go back to the computer to print up her bill. Every now and then, I kept glancing back to watch her speak with the men again but I never heard what they were saying. She kept them quiet, and it never disturbed anyone else in the restaurant. Though it was rather surprising to me, I never wanted to question it further. Taking the printed bill, I put it on the small clipboard and took it back to offer it to her. 

The men had left by then.

"I'm sorry about that. They should know better," she said, reading it over. "Nicki, when do you get off work?"

"Um, about an hour...why?"

"I'm going to meet you out back, we need to talk about what just happened."

I knew what this meant. Anyone who had once been in my position would- that meant memories erased and memories being erased never meant anything good. This wasn't exactly what I had planned on happening at all- especially after barely any time of me starting this new life. 

"Sure," I said, nodding and keeping my cool. Always just go with what they want, otherwise they shoot you and nobody knows where you are because you're buried in an unmarked grave.

Miss Knowles gave a fifty, remarking a "keep the change" underneath her breath before she just stood up and left. 

I didn't know what to do. With no better ideas once my work shift had ended, I decided to just go out and meet her. What did I honestly have to lose? My life? It wasn't all that great to begin with, especially being here of all places. It's not like I'd be missed anyways, so honestly I was just giving in. Meeting her out back still in my work uniform was almost embarrassing, especially when I saw her gorgeous black dress. Her hair was tied into braids that lay on her chest, and though her makeup hadn't changed her black hat had replaced the snapback from earlier. Silvery jewelry clad her forearms and was apparent as a necklace and earring set as well. 

I, on the other hand, had practically nude makeup on and one of those 50's styled waitress outfits on with anything particularly noteworthy that I owned in the front pockets. 

"Why did you want me to come out here?" I asked her as I untied my hair from it's style and stood in front of her.

Miss Knowles sighed. "Nicki, right? That's your real name?"

"Yes." I bit my lip at the response. "Why do you ask?"

"I don't believe that we've officially met. I am Sasha. Sasha Fierce. I've been told my some of my...lets call them colleagues: I was wondering-"

I was running before she could finish. Though that probably wasn't the best idea, I knew what colleagues meant. I knew what the words "officially met" entailed. I knew that a name like that only meant one thing: a gang. I did not want to be part of a gang at all, whether associated with one again or otherwise. If they had questions for me, that could mean that Meek Mill had found me, and that was another big "no."

So there I was, running down the street in high heels and a waitress outfit while trying to keep everything from falling out. Though, I was the one falling out soon enough. I could feel the wind knocked from my lungs as I felt myself being knocked onto the pavement. I struggled under the weight of the man, turning over onto my back to look up at him. I opened my mouth to yell for help, but his hand slapped over my mouth and clamped a small towel on it. As I gasped for air, I could tell I was getting lightheaded until I had passed out...