Chapter 14

Sasha's POV

I was beyond pissed off at the boy who came into my room. As soon as Nicki left, I looked right at him and really considered seeing how far I could shove the closest gun up his ass.

Though, I didn't want any noise complaints just yet.

Instead, I approached cautiously and looked right at him before slapping him right across the face. "Who do you think you are to just come in here and address me like that?" I demanded, yanking him down by the shirt collar so he was my height. 

His mouth dropped open, and he seemed like he was searching for the right answer. 

When he never responded, I opened the door back up and gave him a good shove out. Shutting the door behind me, my feet carried me back to my bed and I sat down on it. Admittedly, I had never really considered just how valuable Nicki could be to our little family, but that was mostly from me trying to avoid her in general.

There was something about her that gave me something I hadn't ever felt before, and I'm still not sure how to react to it. I tried going with what I felt was right earlier, but we were so rudely interrupted and now I'd probably just fucked up my chances. The only thing I was sure of was that I needed someone right now, and though I could probably get anybody, I decided to wait.

If I really am going to go through with this, then I'm going to need to fully make chase and go in pursuit of the prey, and only one. Others would just get in the way, probably bring around the same reaction as to what happened today...

My cellphone buzzed from the table. I picked it up, sliding to answer and bringing it up to my ear. "Hello?" I answered, not recognizing the number.

"Is this Miss...erm, 'Fierce'?"

"Yes, who am I speaking to?"

"I go by Meek Mill in my area. I was told that you could help me find someone that I've been looking for...I'm afraid something bad might've happened to her."

"Well, that depends. I don't run an orphanage, so you might have to be specific," I stated with an eyeroll, moving to the window to prop it open. I considered pulling out a cigarette, but that could wait until after I'd finished on the phone. "What's her name, and what does she look like."

"Her name's Nicki Minaj, and-"

"Nicki?" I questioned, straightening up instantly. Then again, it may have been less beneficial for me to immediately respond that way. 

"You know her?"

I paused, looking for the right answer. I didn't know him, or recognize the name, but if he was someone from Nicki's old life...she made it sound so bad...

"What do you want with her?"

"I just want to know where she is...I want her to come home...I want her safe... Will you tell her that Drake just wants to see her again?"

That must be his real name. But, I nodded. "Yeah, when I see her again, I'll convey the message."

"Thanks so much...this means a lot, you don't understand."

"No, I do. It's quite alright. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up with that, throwing the phone onto my bed and getting the cigarette I considered earlier. Lighting it and leaning out the window with it tucked in my fingers, I observed the surroundings and considered whether or not I should really convey the message. I could, and Nicki might leave us, which was the exact opposite of what I really wanted right now, or I could leave it and lie to her about it.

But, if she never asks about it, is it still lying?

To a certain extent, yes, but that's not my concern. The person who called seemed suspicious, but not because of his two names. Hell, I have two names; a street name and my real name. Of course, only about three people know my full real name, otherwise it's just Sasha, or Sasha Fierce. 

God, what is my life becoming? I have a high school crush and I'm going to lie to her so that I won't have to worry about her leaving. 

I just need to map this whole thing out, and go in for the kill. It's what Rihanna always says to do, so maybe following in her footsteps wouldn't be a bad idea. 

I changed into something a little more comfortable but still managed to look hot. Ripped tights and shorts with a crop sweater and heels. Underneath was a matching set that was the result of my online shopping, but that wouldn't be making an appearance until later on (if I play this correctly).

Taking a breath, I left the room once my hair was up in a bun and my makeup was touched up. It had only required a bit of new eyeliner, lipstick, and bronzer, so it wasn't too much to ask for. I made my way to the elevator, keeping my stride firm and posture straight. 

Tonight, I make sure that I'm obvious. The world might as well be telling me "good luck, and don't fuck it up."