Chapter 20

"You're what?"

"You heard me, Nicki, I don't want to repeat myself."

I stood there in silence. There was nothing I could think to comprehend what she just said. I sank down into the chair, nodding slowly.

"Oh. Right...who was it?"

"I don't remember. I don't want to remember."

I nodded again. What else could I do?

"What are you going to do about it?"

"I don't know yet."

Truly, I felt awful. I knew it was my fault, no matter what she or anyone else told me. Biting my lip and fidgeting in the seat, I searched for the right words again.

"Who else knows?"

"Nobody yet. They'll have to find out eventually, but... I don't know. We'll see what becomes of it."

I felt disgusting for the fact that it was my fault that this had happened to her, but I was glued to my seat. I couldn't leave the room no matter how desperately I craved to. For any reason, any at all! To get water, to go to the bathroom, to take a phone call, I didn't care! I just needed to go before my guilt consumed me any more than it already had. But I couldn't, and I didn't.

She was my friend, and it was my fault this had happened, so I felt the need to stay with her. 

I managed to stand up on shaky balance and go over to hug her, and though I was shorter, I buried my face into her shoulder in an attempt to be comforting. I didn't know what else to do- or what else I could do. I just knew that I had to be there for her, and if that meant doing anything and everything for the woman I may love, then I would.

Wait, did I just say that I love her?

I don't know, maybe I do. I'm still technically with Rihanna, though, but...but Sasha just feels so right in everything that we do together. Everything. She seems to be the most right thing that I know, and I don't want to loose that. I don't want to loose her.

"I promise that I'll help you as much as I can...with anything."

"Thanks, but I don't think-"

"I mean it. Anything."