Chapter 4

Once I had taken the oath in my new outfit, Sasha had welcomed me with surprisingly open arms. Of course, I had the penalty of death to worry about if I ever said anything to the wrong person or went out of the allotted "territory" without telling Sasha where I'd be. She'd already invested in a new phone for me that was being shipped on Monday, and needless to say I was happy. This was what I was used to. Of course, I knew how to get away with doing dirty work as well, but it didn't seem like I'd be doing any of that for awhile.

I first decided to investigate the outside part of the house first. The backyard was open and there was a large swimming pool to one side with a large grassy space on the other. I approached the pool casually, looking it over before being greeted by a new voice.

"Hey! Are you one of the new girls? We're getting like three," the woman said. I turned to look at her, observing cocoa skin and rich black hair that was tied up into a ponytail. "I'm Normani, it's nice to meet you."

"I'm Nicki," I introduced, smiling but nodding as well. Frankly I wasn't sure how I was keeping this under control.

"That's such a pretty name! Dinah's over in the pool with Lauren." She gestured to both of the girls. "That's Dinah Jane and Lauren Bennett." 

I was slightly uncomfortable at the flattery, but I nodded and said a quick goodbye to continue adventuring around. Over on the grass playing with a dog was a girl named Taylor- a pretty blonde who'd cut her hair short and choppy, but had simple makeup to go with red lipstick. I found the look a little weird, honestly, but I went back inside after that to look around the house.

In the kitchen, I met Simone and Paula, who were both nice but I left their presence quickly. It didn't take me long to realize that Sasha wasn't kidding when she said it was a Sisterhood- there were practically no men around whatsoever. In fact, I hadn't seen one since the two in the room when I'd first woken up. It was refreshing, surprisingly. 

"Robyn Fenty," the next woman I'd met had introduced herself as. "But, you can call me Rihanna. Everyone else does."

I'd nodded and smiled, introducing myself as well but she seemed relatively unimpressed. The next place I went to was the basement, where I found several targets and an open gun safe. I glanced back around, then pulled one of the smaller guns- a .40 pistol. Flipping it over in my hands, I put it up to aim at the target and start shooting. It was never a bullseye, but it was pretty close. Reloading, I started walking as I shot.

I got one bullseye this time.

"I'm Stacy Ferguson, and you have a nice aim. Where are you from? I haven't seen you around before."

"Um... New York, and I'm Nicki," I said cautiously, mostly just wondering where she had come from as I was down here alone a moment ago.

"That must've been a trip, dear. I also go by Fergie if Sasha mentioned me," she said, smirking as she took the gun from my hands. "We're pretty close...like, really close."

"I believe you," I said, narrowing my eyes at her. She had a vibe I didn't like, but then again I didn't like a lot of people. She was sort of suspicious, I think, but I would have to get over that if I was going to live here.