Chapter 8

"I am not Jasmine, I am Aladdin! So far ahead, these bums is laggin', see me in that new thing, bums is gaggin'...I'm startin' to feel like a dungeon dragon!" I spat the rap out, taking a few steps away from Eminem to continue on my own. He didn't look too phased, and if anything looked like he was getting a feel for my style and the song's beat.

"I ain't into S&M, but my whip's off the chain- a little drop of candy paint drips off the frame. Twisted-ass mind, got a pretzel for a brain, an eraser for a head, fuckin' pencil for a frame!" Eminem spits right back at me, snarling the words and approaching me. He's easily taller than me, staring me down as he gets right on top of me.

As soon as he stopped for a breath, I shoved him back and started my own rap again. "Is this the thanks that I get for puttin' you bitches on? Is it my fault that all of you bitches gone? Should've sent a thank-you note, you little ho, now I'm a wrap your coffin with a bow!

He tried again, but I didn't have any other rap to conclude with. Figuring the last word would have to be it, I allowed Roman to leave and Martha to come back. Channeling her, I did my best to get in the last words. "Stop it, stop it! You've gone mad, mad, I tell you, mad!"

Once I finished, I shared a look with Eminem and he just gave me a small pat on the shoulder before exiting the stage. I cast a look out, the only person that caught my eye and returned the contact was Sasha, who just had a smirk playing on her lips before she turned away. I left the stage at that, immediately being embraced by Rihanna. 

"That was cool, see?!" she said, nudging me with a grin. "I was so right, admit it!"

"I'm still shaking," I admitted, but was surprised when that just led to her picking me up. I must've yelped in surprise, but she laughed it off. 

"You weigh less than a blunt, relax," she said, "besides, we're just heading back to the house now. Demi will let us know our ranks tomorrow and we'll be on the flight to Vegas next."

"Who else is going to Vegas? Besides whoever from our 'group'," I asked, fairly curious to know who I'd basically be getting free concert tickets for.

"Um...well, I think Demi is actually going forward. Oh! Brendon Urie. You haven't lived until you've seen that guy. Some shitty group from like Ohio or something called 'twenty pilots' are going on. They barely scrapped into the rap/hip hop thing... I'm pretty sure Demi's little pop punk boy friends are going on too."

"Yeah, but, like, anyone to be worried about?"

"Iggy is going forward. Ugh, but she's a people's choice." 

I sighed, shaking my head. There was no way I could make it all the way to New York against established people, but upon second thought, the reasoning side of my brain reminded me that was probably a good idea. What if I ran into Meek Mill? Sure, I had my new friends, but that didn't mean he wouldn't come after me later.

"You're a stress case, here, have some of this." Rihanna offered me a blunt, and once I had accepted she lit it and I carefully started smoking it. 

By the time we had gone back out to the main floor, Normani and Dinah were waiting for us. "Sasha said to get you guys, we're going home."

Rihanna put me down at this point, taking the blunt from me before taking a drag and disposing of it. The two of us followed Normani and Dinah back to the limo that was waiting, where once inside, we departed back to the house I had learned to call home. I felt lightheaded almost as I went up to my room, shutting the door and taking off my overcoat as soon as I was inside. 

"You did well."

I jumped in my own skin, my head jerking towards the voice that was sitting atop my bed. 

"I didn't mean to frighten you," Sasha said, sliding off and approaching me. I looked down, but her hand flicked underneath my chin and brought it up so I was looking at her. "But I mean it. You did really well."

"Th...thank you."

"You could go to New York, and that's what I wanted to talk to you about." Her hand flicked away from my chin, and it was almost disappointing. "I don't want you to worry about anyone coming after you. It will not happen, and if someone does, then they're going to have to come through us, alright?"

"I don't know, honestly, I'm worried-"

"Shh," Sasha murmured, pressing her finger to my lips. Looking up at her, I stood there, completely submissive at the current moment. "There's nothing to worry about. Honestly, I'll make sure that nobody comes after you, and if they do, they can say hello to my Uzi or AK-47, whichever I deem fit. Alright?"

"Alright. I trust you."

"Good, you need to," she said quietly, through the dark her lips leaving a light kiss on my forehead before she left the room.