Chapter 18

Marina's POV (two weekes later)

I knew from the beginning that it was a terrible idea to come back to New York.

I know exactly what you're thinking: who the fuck is this bitch, and what is she doing here?

Well, let me enlighten you.

I'm Marina Diamandis. I knew Nicki before she left for Los Angeles; she confided in me, and I confided in her. We were inseparable, but at the same time, I'm not mad at her for leaving. No, I'm mad at her for coming back.

Because while I can handle and deal back the pressure from the crime bosses, she can't. I've always had the more dangerous edge- the suicidal ideal that makes me unafraid to dive headfirst into danger.

My point is that she shouldn't have come back. And she did.

And she fucking thought that meeting up with "Drake" was a good idea. 

It was Meek Mill, even I knew. I tried to get to her first, I tried to find her phone number to warn her. I tried to contact anyone that she now associated herself with, and nobody could answer or convey the message she needed to hear.

And that's how I got here, long story short.

You're also probably wondering how I know that the voice in my head is being heard by someone. Well, I'm usually on drugs, but now that I'm not, I can't tell what's real and what's not because my head hurts so bad. As far as I know, I should be locked away.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Beyonce exclaimed, slamming her hands on the table that sat in front of me. I hardly flinched.

"No, I'm not kidding. You sent her straight to her abusive fucking ex, and as far as I know, it didn't go well." I rolled my eyes at her and stood up to face her from the other side of the table. "What do you want me to do about it? Go in there and get her out? Because while I'm capable of a lot of things, that is not one of them."

Beyonce stared right into my soul, hardly making any fidgeting moves. "Tell me where she is."

"Aren't you going to wait for anyone else to back you up? Maybe the cops?"

"No, I can't. This is my fault, and I need to fix it."

I could almost hear Admiral Ackbar in my ear saying 'it's a trap!'. "If you insist," I said anyways, looking down and sighing to myself as I stepped away from the table. "But it's not a great-"

"I don't care, let's go."

"Why are you so insistent on this? She's just some girl that you hardly know." Admittedly, that was probably the 'I know her better than you' speech greatly condensed, and I would have gone to get her anyways had I known she had already gone and not returned.

"Because I think I love her, okay? It shouldn't matter to you, let's go."

To my dismay, I found myself humoring her. I took her to them, and quickly at that, and I didn't wait around to see what became of the situation. No, it was the next day when I got another crazy bitch knocking on my door, saying something about Beyonce and Nicki that I realized Admiral Ackbar had been right.

It was a trap.

There were more of them there this time. I remember their names, actually: Normani, Rihanna, and Dinah. I took them without question, but this time I went with them. 

"Didn't you think that it was a terrible idea to let her go alone?" Dinah asked me as we walked up to the large building.

"I tried to tell her that it would be better to get police involved, but she said she had to fix the situation at that point in time exactly." 

Rihanna wasn't amused at that statement. "And you didn't just do it?"

"Hey, I recognize bullheadedness. Fight the battles you can win, right?"

"That's not how it works-"

"I don't care, it'll work if I want it to." I rolled my eyes at all of them, opening up the door and producing a large handgun. "Well, ladies, this shouldn't take too long."

Going in there was surprisingly not a mess. Nicki was silent, and Beyonce just seemed like she had no idea what was going on.

I related to that on a spiritual level.

I didn't want to know what had happened though, either. I just wanted to go back to whatever life I'd been living beforehand and enjoy it. But, with my luck, that's not what happened. I was locked in the trunk and taken back to Los Angeles.

Good times.

Yeah...good times.