Chapter 3

I woke up tied to a chair in a dark room. There was nobody else inside, I was sure of it, but that didn't change anything to the fact I was still scared out of my wits. I took this chance to take several deep breaths, shutting my eyes to focus. Okay, so let's see what had happened. I'd been kidnapped after I'd tried to run away from Sasha Fierce...or is she Miss Knowles? She needs to make up her mind on what name she's going to use. And I though I was crazy. 

No, I'm not crazy, I thought, I just have a few different personalities is all. 

After struggling to try and get out of the chair, I heard the door open. A deathly silence fell over the room, and I remained quiet as Miss Knowles- no, Sasha Fierce? Ugh! Whoever, entered the room with two men behind her. The lights were on dimly now, and I had to squint until they'd readjusted to the light. 

"Nicki Minaj...or, Onika Maraj, I'm sorry."

"Some call me Nicki and some call me Roman. Depends on who's addressing me." I looked up at her, flashing a smile for a moment before looking down at the ground and resuming my attempts to get out of the chair.  

"Sasha Fierce is addressing you, and you will hold your tongue if you want to keep it," she hissed. She hadn't changed outfits since I last saw her, so that must mean not too much time as passed. Nor would we have travelled too far.

I looked as innocent as possible when I looked back up at her, smiling slightly even. 

"You're from New York, correct?" 

"Yes," I said carefully, "unless you're talking about where I was born. That's out of the country."

"Why are you talking like that?" Sasha came closer as she asked the question. "There's no need for different voices here or now."

I snorted, vaguely aware that I had Roman taking over. I didn't blame him though- he was like my protector. He was absolutely fearless, and I admired him for that. I could never do that. 

"Nicki. There are a lot of people looking for you," Sasha said as she grabbed my face and forced me to look at her. 

"Oh, really? Like who?"

"A bunch of New York gangs. Meek Mill, especially-"

"Meek Mill. Meek Mill? That little pussy can go fuck himself. He hides behind the people he orders around and beats women to make himself look tough." I snorted again, looking her directly in the eye now. "Are you scared of him? Or are you looking at using me for money?"

Sasha let go of me, her sharp nails having punctured a spot near my lip. I ran my tongue over it to clean the blood off, then looked right back at her again. She didn't say anything, if anything she was quiet for a long while, only thinking it all over. 

"Tell me everything you can about Meek Mill and his gang, and maybe I'll consider letting you out of this room."

"I'm not allowed to go outside?" I pouted at this. "How rude."

"Those two men that came and talked to me were looking for you. They think that you know some super-important information or something," Sasha remarked, "but do you?"

"I know lots of things."

"Then tell me about Meek Mill."

So I did. I told her everything I knew about him (including his credit card number) and then some, all the while not knowing what was bringing me to do this. I figure, why not? What's the worst I can lose now? Nothing. I have nothing left to lose, and I have no allegiance to him anyway so why bother? 

"Alright," Sasha said once I had finished, grinning ever so slightly. "I'm so rubbing this in Jay's face."

"Who?"

"Jay Z. He's...he's a dick. We used to date, but then we broke up and I formed my own. It was all I'd ever known after all, so why not? Now I'm better than him. More power, land, ha, even men." 

I nodded, regretting asking because I didn't really care, but whatever. "Yes...right. Are there really that many gangs here too?"

"Gangs? Ha! Is that really what 'Mill referred to it as? No, we aren't even gangs. We're a fucking mafia." Sasha chuckled, shaking her head. "You know what, Nicki? I like you. If you promise not to leave the house, I'll untie you." 

"Is the house big?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, I'll stay. Only if you get my stuff though. Or someone does if I'm not allowed to get it myself." 

Sasha simply nodded, clicking and watching as one of the two men came over and untied me before helping me up. "Write your address on the notepad I know is still in your apron and while one of the boys gets your things, I'll get you something else to wear and you can meet the girls."

I nodded, stretching as I looked back at her. "So...you're not really a traditional mafia are you?" I asked as I pulled out the notepad to start writing the address of my apartment. 

"I suppose not. I mean, we're not men, but that shouldn't matter."

"You haven't talked about any siblings, so I'm guessing you don't have many relatives either in this- that also goes against the traditional mafia," I said. Handing the paper to her, I slipped the notepad back into my apron. 

"You know a lot."

"It was my favorite topic in history, what can I say?"

Sasha nodded slowly, taking me under her arm as she guided me out. "We are a sisterhood. Related by oath and not blood," she explained, "we all live nearby, though some live in this house with me."

"All female? What about the two men that are supposedly getting my things?"

"Them? Worker bees. They don't actually do anything."

"Oh, okay." I sorta understood now, a little confused on why they called themselves a mafia, but they could call themselves whatever they wanted I suppose. 

"Normani and Dinah should be coming back soon, you can meet them first- here, I think this should fit you," Sasha said, pushing a leopard skirt and black bustier top at me. "Now go change and meet me downstairs. If you're going to live here, you still need to take an oath."