Chapter 15

Nicki's POV

I stayed quiet as Rihanna took me around, a bar was the main place we stayed. I was still feeling low, but she was trying to help, and I couldn't get mad at her for that. She was trying to make me feel better, and I loved her to death for that. Honest, I did and still do.

The night was mostly a blur, but the thing I remember the most was the dance floor. It was getting hot, the music blaring around us as we danced our little hearts out. She memorably shoved a guy that was getting too close off of me, then proceeded to grab me by the straps of my dress and kiss me.

I didn't know how to react: because yes, Sasha was definitely hot and I definitely wanted some of that cookie, but... There was that boy looking for her, and she seemed so elusive... And Fergie! Stacy specifically told me not to go after her in any way, shape, or form. What does that leave me with? Little to no options. 

So, with that logic blaring through my head, I wrapped my arms around her neck and kissed back. There wasn't any sense of deja vu, even though this had just happened with Sasha. Though, the thing about Rihanna was that she was real. She was very real, and she was right in front of me. I had to take it while I still could, or else she'd be gone just like Sasha. When she pulled away, looking down at me like she couldn't believe what we'd just done. 

Then again, her expression also cracked into a smile soon afterwards. I found myself smiling too.

She took me by the hand, and we left. Rihanna took me to the mall, and we tried on clothes. She bought me a few things and some things for herself, and we wore the new outfits out in Las Vegas. Honestly, I hadn't had that much fun in a long time. We met someone new as we were out, and she was apparently staying in the same hotel as us.

Her name was Lynn, and I really liked her.

By the time we returned, a laughing mess, we were greeted by Stacy on the way back up. We didn't talk to her much, and we instead just went back into my room.

"So, what would you consider today?" Ri asked as she sat next to me. "Out of ten."

"Seven, I think. It started out pretty shitty." I looked over at her and shrugged. "But you did make up for it, I hope you're happy."

"Yeah, I am. Guess what? We get to go to Chicago next."

I looked away now. "We're just getting closer and closer to New York...It's just making me a little paranoid, I think. What if I run into my old group?"

"Then we'll cut out their spleens and roast them over a fire and throw them off the Empire State Building."

She managed to keep a straight face through the whole thing, and that made me laugh. "Thanks, Ri, it means a lot."

I wanted to kiss her again, but I didn't. I would be lying to myself if I told myself that I was really interested in a relationship with her: I wasn't.

But, it got me close to Sasha.