Chapter 16: The X Clan Strikes Back!

MINHYUK'S POV

"HYUNGWON! HYUNGWON!" I immediately went towards him. I shook him again and again, I was worried... that he might be...

"... M... Min...hyuk?"

"HYUNGWON! YES IT'S ME! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?! WHO DID THIS TO YOU?! ANSWER ME!" I kept shaking him despite knowing that he's regained consciousness already.

"... yah... yah... yah! You're only... making it worse!... Ah!... Stop shaking... and shouting at me!..."

"Oh, sorry... Before you talk, let's get you some help first, okay?" I was about to stand up when he grabbed my arm.

"Wait, we need to tell the others... that... all of us... are in danger..."

"Danger? What do you mean? Heol! Did the Order get you? If it's them I'll... no wait... it's the... don't tell me..."

"Yeah... it's the Nation who did this to me... They were trying to find out from me our room..."

"Our room?"

"I mean where (your name)'s staying... The Nation, they know everything, that you, me and Kihyun are the newest members of the Clan, that (your name) and (your best friend's name) are the Clan's secret-keepers and that... (your name) is being chased by the Order... They beat me up for not saying the truth..."

He described the beatings he got from the Nation.

"How did they know? This is bad... Really bad!" I said.

"I don't know... they didn't tell me... They said that since I didn't speak up, they're going to go after the rest of our members... Please, warn them... NOW!"

I immediately got my phone out and called Shownu. I told him what happened to Hyungwon and that everyone's in danger now because of both the Order and the Nation but mostly, with the last group.

"I see, in the meantime, Hyungwon must be brought to the hospital and fast! I'll call the others so that they would be warned. Oh and Minhyuk!"

"Ne?!"

"If they ask what happened to him, tell them Hyungwon got beat up by some students... that he's not sure if they're from our school or from our visitors, got it?"

"Understood!"

And then, I called Ms. Oh to get an ambulance and fast! When she asked why, I told her it was for Hyungwon who needs medical help quickly! I grabbed Hyungwon's phone and helped him go down the stairs where Ms. Oh was and she helped too.

"What happened to him?! I didn't notice him go back here!" she said.

"He... he got beat up by some students... but he said he doesn't know if they're SNU students or... from the other schools..."

"Omo, omo... what to do! The ambulance will be arriving in a few minutes, don't worry. I have to call his parents!"

"...No! Wait Ms. Oh... not yet... they would be worried so much... I can't make them..."

"Chae Hyungwon! Of course they would be worried! It is my duty to inform them what happened to you!"

We reached the lobby after a few minutes. Ms. Oh grabbed a chair from inside her office and placed it in the lobby so that Hyungwon could sit. Ms. Oh went back inside to call Hyungwon's parents.

At the hospital, Hyungwon was taken care of by the doctor and several nurses. They treated and cleaned his wounds, looked for any signs of serious injury to his body. His stomach are was particularly painful because of the numerous kicks he got there. He had so much bruises on both of his arms that there were black spots already, signs of blood clotting. But the good side is, he's far away from any immediate danger.