Chapter 24: Starlight

YOUR POV

"Minhyuk? Are the cookies ready for table 5?"

It was a busy evening at the café! So many customers! Normally, I'm the only one in charge of the cashier but with the influx of so many customers, our new manager, Sir Mad Clown, yeah that's what he wants us to call him, also had to help me. Hyungwon's going around serving the customers with their orders while at the kitchen, Minhyuk & (your best friend's name) were going in overdrive mode just to cope up with the many orders coming in.

All of this was happening because our new manager decided to have a discount today. Great! Hahahaha!

"... Here! It's ready!" Minhyuk placed a fresh batch of newly baked cookies on the counter.

"Thanks! Keep it up! Hyungwon! Table 5's cookies are here!"

"Got it!" Hyungwon quickly ran and grabbed the cookies.

By the end of our shift, we were all so tired!

While walking back to the dorm, the four of us were silent. The tiredness we were feeling was just too much for us.

"I want to sleep already..." said Hyungwon.

"Even though you're not tired, you still want to sleep..." said Minhyuk.

"Okay you two, stop that... *yawns*" I think I'll go straight to bed after this.

"(your name), do you want me to carry you?" asked Minhyuk.

"Hmm? Thanks but no. I can still walk." I replied with a smile.

"Okay then." Minhyuk holds my left hand for the rest of our walk.

"You know, when I get a boyfriend, I'll also annoy you two by doing that!" said (your best friend's name).

"Okay then! Hahaha!" I said.

When we reached the dorm, to our surprise, Wonho was by the lobby!

"Wonho! Why are you here?" I asked.

"Minhyuk. Can we talk?" he asked.

"Oh sure. You three go on ahead." said Minhyuk.

The three of us went up while Wonho and Minhyuk talked outside.

"I wonder what they're going to talk about." I said while going upstairs.

"I'm sure Wonho's threatening Minhyuk right now. Hahaha!" said Hyungwon.

"Ah in case Minhyuk does something bad to (your name)? I see your point." said (your best friend's name).

"Really you two? Those minds of yours..."

"Yah, I may be right and that might be what Wonho's telling Minhyuk right now." said Hyungwon.

I didn't want to argue. I think Hyungwon's right.

MINHYUK'S POV

"So, what is it you want to talk about?" I asked.

"(your name)."

"Look, Wonho if you're going to still stop me..."

"No I won't. I guess she didn't tell you then..."

"Tell me what?" I asked.

"That I've given up on her the very day you two had your date."

"Mwo?! But... Wonho... Andwae... Really?!"

"Yes, it's true. Ask her later."

"Heol... Okay I will... Is there something else?"

"Congratulations. You won. Please, take good care of her. Don't let that wonderful smile of hers disappear. Got that?"