Chapter 7

Sarah and Vance woke up early the next morning and made love yet again. Vance still insisted rather strongly on keeping his shirt on. After they were finished Sarah laid back in a state of ecstasy. "Wow, honey, that was amazing. It's never been that good before. It was almost like you were possessed or something." 

"Verily, fair maiden. I doeth my best." 

"And that fancy way you've been speaking lately... I don't know... it's kind of sexy." She remained content for a moment but then a sudden thought crossed her mind and she sat up and glanced around. "I wonder what happened to Zeke?" 

"Dwell not on such trifling matters. It concerneth me not." 

"Aw, I feel kind of bad for kicking him out. Then again, it was worth it." She giggled in spite of herself.  

Vance's stomach let out a loud growl. "I declare my belly betrays a deep appetite. Perhaps we might seek out sustenance?"  

"Well, there's supposed to be breakfast served down in the lobby," Sarah yawned. "I wonder if there's a shower in this place?" She stood up and walked naked to the bathroom. There was a metallic pipe molded in the shape of a centipede sticking out of the wall, but it took her awhile to figure out how to get it to work. Finally she realized there were two colored spots on the ground and when she stepped on them water shot out of the pipe. 

Vance walked into the bathroom to admire the view, but declined an invitation to join her because he didn't want to get his shirt wet. He did, however, proceed to recite an ode to her goddess-like beauty. 

After a few minutes a pleasantly fragrant bubbly substance began to pour forth from the pipe. Sarah guessed it was the local equivalent of soap and shampoo and cleaned herself thoroughly. After a couple minutes, regular water came out again, washing off all of the bubbly lather. Shortly after that the shower shut off automatically. 

She stood there dripping wet, half expecting some sort of automatic blow dryer to emerge from some hidden compartment, but nothing happened. "Did you see if they provided any towels, honey?" she asked Vance. 

"I know not. Nor have I caught glimpse of such an item. Perhaps in yonder cabinet?" 

Sarah looked where Vance was pointing and noticed a small little door with a hole in it built into the wall. She stuck her finger in the hole and yanked it open causing a box-like camera with an imprint reading "Property of Sweaty Jim" to come tumbling out. There didn't seem to be any towels though. 

"Well, this sucks," Sarah frowned. "I hate trying to dress while I'm still wet. Do you mind if we wait a few minutes? Maybe I can dry out in the air." 

Vance sighed audibly. "Precious, thou knoweth I love thee. However, nourishment must not be delayed. Perchance we might converge in the lobby at a point in the not too distant future?" 

"All right, go ahead," she said, although Vance hadn't exactly waited for her approval before walking out the door. "I'll be down as soon as I'm dry."  

Sarah yawned and collapsed back on the bed, not caring that her hair was making the pillow water-soaked. She lay there a few minutes and dozed off without intending to.  

She awoke with a start, not sure of how much time had passed. She seemed to be mostly dry, although her hair was somewhat damp and she had no way to brush it. The bed had absorbed much of her moisture, but she figured it would be awhile before she needed to sleep on it again. She wondered what sort of housekeeping arrangements existed in this hotel. 

She dressed quickly and headed for the elevator tube, conscious that she may have been sleeping a fairly long time and Vance might be worried about her.