001.

"Careless! Careless! Shoot anonymous, anonymous! Heartless-" Jolting awake, Jimin quickly switches off his seemingly loud alarm and takes his time to widely stretch. He then makes his way to his bathroom and starts preparing for school already. Trudging downstairs after making sure that he's all prim and proper, he eats his breakfast consisting of a very burnt egg and toast. Please don't judge his cooking skills, thank you very much.

Assuring and double-checking if the front door of his apartment is already locked, Jimin starts walking to school. Yes, he walks his way to his school because no one would drop him; and yes, he too lives alone ever since the night when both of his parents died in a car crash. This accident left Jimin unprepared and alone, feeling like he already lost everything, but also helped and taught him to be independent and to stand up on his own feet without needing any assistance from anyone.

Finally arriving at school, Jimin makes his way to his locker and accidentally meets his best friend (and only friend), Kim Taehyung. His bright and lovable best friend that always remained by his side through thick and thin. Taehyung was there when Jimin mourned on the death of his parents, acting as a shoulder to cry on. He was also the one responsible for bringing the bubbly and thoughtful Jimin back. Jimin really is thankful for having such a sweet best friend like him. Really, Jimin can't imagine a life without him and shh, Taehyung does not need to know that.

The younger of the two wrapped an arm around the shoulder of the smaller while a smile, his signature boxy smile, is plastered on his face. "Good morning, my sweet little Jimin." Taehyung chirped ecstatically. "Good morning to you too, TaeTae." Jimin replied, his signature smile also plastered on his face. The smile wherein his eyes would turn into small slits forming two crescents, his cute chubby cheeks would bunch up and his front teeth would show; even the adorable crooked tooth would be seen. "Ah, you really are a cute little thing, Jiminie." Taehyung pinches one of Jimin's cheeks making the violated one yelp and eventually slap the hand off. "Yah! I've told you countless of times before not to mess with my cheeks, right?" Jimin playfully scolds the younger but a smile can still be found on his face.

After Jimin have sorted the things inside his locker and fetched the books and notebooks he will be needing for the whole day, the duo make their way to their first class. Upon entering the classroom, the first thing, or should I say person, that Jimin sees is the male who is the one responsible for the jumps and turns that his heart does whenever he's around: Jeon Jeongguk. As if his heart controlled both of his eyes, commanding them to look at Jeongguk, look at Jeongguk. Jimin flashes and directs a smile towards him but just like any other day, the young male did not notice it or just didn't acknowledge it.

Sighing, the dejected male's shoulders sagged and sadly sat down on his assigned chair. The sudden shift of mood and the negativity Jimin seemingly emits immediately did not go unnoticed by Taehyung who was talking to his best friend about him meeting a lost puppy along his way to school and thought what if I adopt it, hyung? In that way, the poor creature would not be lonely anymore and bad people won't be able to take him. Yeah, yeah that seems like a good idea. What do you think, Jimin-ah? Jimin? His animated story was cut off because he sensed that Jimin wasn't listening anymore and yeah, that's how he started to notice that Jimin looked sad.

"What's wrong, Min?" Taehyung asked, wanting Jimin to open up to him even though he already knows the reason. One glance at the classroom and actually spotting Jeongguk inside, he managed to connect the pieces. He's not that dumb to not notice the longing eyes of Jimin that always follows every move of Jeongguk. The blinding smile that always shows up whenever Jeongguk would be present; hell, even the simple uttering of Jeongguk's name can make Jimin smile. The blood rush that happens to Jimin's cheeks whenever their eyes would meet. And lastly, the flustered face of the small male whenever the object of his affection is present.

"O-oh? Ah, it's nothing, TaeTae. Don't worry about me. I'm perfectly fine. See?" As if to prove his point, Jimin flashed a smile that actually seemed more of a grimace. He hugs Jimin murmuring things like I'm always here, Minnie, yeah? and please don't keep secrets from me, Min, you know that you can trust me, right? Okay okay, he really does like this attitude of Jimin: whenever problems would come his way, he can still manage to place a smile on his face for everyone not to worry but sometimes, Taehyung can't help but to do so. He believes that whatever Jimin goes through, his best friend has him as a shoulder to cry on; that Jimin can tell him anything, and he would still listen. He doesn't want his best friend to bottle everything, and suffer alone. He can't bear that.

Not wanting to bother and seem pushy, he lets the topic slip off and also plops down on his chair, the one beside his best friend. Eventually, their professor arrives already, immediately telling the whole class to open their textbooks to God knows what page because Taehyung's busy telepathically asking their professor, why'd you still arrive? We could've had the right to skip class, groan.