CHAPTER 4 "Pack Meet"

After Aries dropped me off I did my homework, why did I have to start school in the middle of the first semester?

###########

Now that I'm done with my homework I have to call a meeting. I walk down stairs and find my parents in the living room.

"Meeting." I say nodding to the door.

"Okay" they say together.

I go out the back door and head for the trees. We live right by the woods, to say I love the woods would be a understatement.

Once I walk about forty feet in, I change in to wolf form with my black fur and bright blue eyes. I let out a howl to call for a meeting in the center of our territory.

We have our own language. We also know several other languages including English. I quickly run to the center in a few minutes.

Once I get there the rest of the pack is not that far behind. Coda comes up on my left and my parents on my right. Coda is my temporary second in command.

Once everyone is gathered I ask "Any updates?"

One of my best scouts steps up and says "We have a increased number of vampires trying to hunt on our territory"

"Any wolf casualties?"

"I'm proud to say no, and only five minor injuries"he says proud, and all the wolves howl happily.

I shush them and continue to drill him "How about vampire casualties?"

"About a hundred"

"From just routine patrol?"I ask with disbelief.

"Yes Alpha"

"Okay let's add four more patrols,and make sure no one is alone. We don't want the vamps to catch us off guard".

They all nod,and I say "We'll have training Friday at six sharp".

They all nod, I howl a dismissal and they leave.

Coda is still standing next to me. I turn back in to human form and so does Coda.

"So how was your day,alpha?"he says smiling.

"Good besides running into a random guys locker, how about you?"I say smirking.

I probably shouldn't tell him about Aries.

"Good,you are getting really good with the meetings"he says as we start walking.

"Thanks, hey do you want to spend the night?"I ask.

He is my best friend we have known each other since we were kids, my parents actually love it when he stays the night(he does the dishes).

"Sure, I'll just tell my parents the alpha is making me"he said smiling and bumping me.

"Okay,bet I can bet you to the edge of the woods"I say fast,run and jump and change mid-air.

"Show off"Coda yells behind me, changing into his wolf form.

I start running as fast as I can and coda is right behind me.

He tackles me playfully and I let him pin me down(what I still have my pride). And we turn back in to human form, he smiles, I smile.

He looks into my eyes and leans in. He kisses my lips softly and slowly.

He pulls away "I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that" he says getting off of me and sitting next to me.

What the heck? Coda kissed me what? It was a nice kiss,but it didn't feel right, well at least I know he's not my mate.

"It's fine" I say still in a little bit of shock.

"Coda?" I say after some silence.

"Yeah"

"It was a nice kiss but I didn't feel the connection" I say with a bit of a sigh.

"Me either" he says relieved.

"Want to act like it never happened and go to my house?"I say getting up and putting my hand out for him.

"That sounds great"he says taking my hand and I pull him up.

The connection is what we feel when we kiss our mates, and to make the connection complete you get engaged and have a nice wedding or have a last minute Vegas wedding. And you know, if you do the nasty you strengthen the bond so much that it's said mates can hear each others thoughts

Hope you like it. Thanks for reading. That's a picture of Coda. So who would you want to be your mate? :) Comment and vote.