CHAPTER 8 " My Band-aid"

As we are walking up to Coda house I feel better it doesn't feel as bad when I'm with Coda. He's like heartache Tylenol, he's my band-aid. I love Coda's house it's like a second home.

We walk up to the porch and he says "Can you stand? I need to get my key".

"Yeah" I say as he lowers me to the ground.

I stand more on my left foot and I lean against the house. Once he gets the door unlocked he wraps my arm around him and helps me walk to the couch.

"I'll get a ice pack" he says putting my foot up, I just smile at him. He comes back with a ice pack and puts it on my ankle.

He sits down next to me and says "How do you feel?"

"Better, I still don't get why I was so hurt over nothing" I say with a yawn.

"You should get some sleep, you've been through a lot" he says putting his arm behind me.

"Thanks you didn't have to do this you know"

"Yeah, I know"he says smiling.

"I love you, Coda" I say looking at him.

"I love you too" he says looking back at me.

I kiss him on the cheek and snuggle up to him and he wraps his arm around me. I lay my head on his shoulder and he lays his head on mine. And soon both of us are fast asleep.

#############

I wake up laying on Coda's chest and his arms around me, with him snoring quietly. I smile and think 'why can't he be my mate'. I look up at him and man he is so cute when he's sleeping. I don't want to wake him up, but I want to surprise him with breakfast.

So I gently wiggle out of his arms and slowly get up off the couch. And thank God he didn't wake up. I cover him up with a blanket and head to the kitchen.

I start to make some eggs and bacon(tip always do the bacon last). I try to be as quiet as possible, but then I start to cook the bacon and Coda is in the kitchen in five seconds flat.

I laugh and say "Good morning sleepy head".

He smiles "Good morning buttercup". I love it when he calls me that.

He walks over until he is right behind me and he says after kissing my cheek "Smells good"

"Thanks, it should be done in a minute". He nods and sits at the table, and I glance at him and notice that he has some bad bed head. I giggle, I can't imagine how bad I look right now.

Once I finish up breakfast I put it on the table and say "Dig in". He smiles and starts to make a plate and I do the same, sitting down.

After we eat Coda says "So,how are you feeling?"

"Better. Wait what time is it?"

"Almost seven"

"Is it okay if I take a shower?" I ask just now realizing that my jeans are ripped and muddy and my shirt is no better.

"Sure, just let me get you some clothes and a towel" Coda says getting up, and yes he has some of my clothes too(thank God). He comes back with clothes, towels, and I go take a shower.

Once I'm done I dry off, get dressed, and go to the living room where Coda is patiently waiting.

"All done, you ready to go?" I ask smiling.

"Yep" he says getting up and walking over to me.

"Do you still have my helmet?" I ask.

"Yes I do, and here put on my jacket it's a little cold" he says smiling.