CHAPTER 21 "Saving Coda"

I'm sitting on my bed thinking about me and Aries' date. Every time I think about it I smirk.

I let a out a sigh giving up on my math homework. It's Thursday night. It's been a few days since our date. We've been inseparable since. But today I was on my own Aries had some family stuff going on.

I walk to my open window taking a deep breath of the crisp winter air with the promise of snow. I hear a familiar howl setting me on edge, raising the hair on the back of my neck. It's Coda.

"CODA!" I yell full of worry.

I hear a male scream.

'What is he doing out this late his patrols are in the morning. 'And what is he doing in human form?'

I jump out of my window(which is a two-storey drop). I run my bare feet digging into the dirt and grass throwing up bits from the force.

#####

When I reach the edge of the forest I yell again but I'm met with still silence. In a panic I change and runfor Coda's sent. I come to the end of our territory where it meets the vamps territory.

I can still faintly smell him but it's fading. I look around for any sign of life. I see a trail of blood leading into the vamps territory. I sniff it.

It smells like wolf blood, like Coda's blood. I panic even more. 'They constantly cross into our territory. What's one cross verses a hundred' I think to myself.

I take the risk and bolt across the border following the trial of blood.

I hear someone laughing, well frankly more cackling. Lucky for me it dark my fur hides me from the six vampires standing around Coda. One is lean against a tree looking bored looking at his bloody claws.

I can't help but growl a bit. He looks my way and I stay completely still. He stares right at me for a moment then shrugs looking at his claws again.

One girl is still standing there laughing.

"I can't believe how stupid the werewolves are. I mean, come on. This guy was just moaping around by himself wide open for attack. This war between the order of the light and destruction will be easy."

"Maybe not"I say stepping out of the shadows in human form.

The guy leaning against the tree starts walk towards me.

"Hey pretty thing. You shouldn't be out here, there's wolves in this woods."He says stepping into my personal space bubble tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear.

The smell is overwhelming. I smile resisting the urge to kill him and gag.

Licking my bottom lip I look into the vampire's eyes and bite my lip. I snake my hand around the back of his neck putting my lips to his ear.

"There's also bloodsucking bastards." My lips brush his ear as he gasps.

My eyes glow a vibrant blue and my wolf claws and fangs come out. I tear the tree guys head off with ease. My teeth dripping with scarlet as I snarl. I step in a pool of tree guy's blood as I advance on the other five.

A girl who I assume was the sibling of the one I just killed do to the similarity of there looks. She runs at me with a angry roar. I shift fully dodging her and bite her neck in half as her scream turns into a gurgal.