CHAPTER 20 "The first date"

When me and Aries get to the edge of the woods we part ways.

"I will pick you up in a hour"he says before running off as I wave.

I run back into the house to find Coda sitting on the couch.

"What's up buttercup?"he says making me smile.

"Not much, how about you?"I ask walking to the kitchen to get some chocolate cake.

"I have a date" he says coming up behind me. I had just taken a bite of my chocolate cake.

I nearly choke on my cake making Coda hit my back. I finally get it to go down coughing.

"What? With who?"I say in shock.

"Wow, sound more shocked next time thanks for confirming I'm disgusting."

"You know I didn't mean it like that."

"Well,I'm afraid I can't tell you who it is "he says as I frown.

"I have a date too" He looks at me unsure.

"With Aries"

He frowns.

I check my phone "I have to go get ready for my date"

"Yeah me too" he says a bit louder walking out the door still frowning.

"Ugghhhhh"I say loudly.

I walk up stairs with a little frown still on my face. 'Why does this keep happening?' I go through my closet putting on a blush color lace dress and a touch of make up.

As I fluff my hair I hear my parents come in laughing. I walk down stairs to find Aries talking with my parents like they have known each other for years. Aries is the first to see me walk in.

Just a glance at me with that smile of his and butterflies start to flutter. I blush and my mother smiles.

'I like him' she mouths to me.

'Me too' I mouth back.

Aries looks at me with those green eyes I blush. I'm really getting tired of all the blushing. He walks over standing next to me holding my hand softly.

"Your parents are kind of crazy"he whispers in my ear.

"Yeah, just be glad they are trying to act normal." I whisper back.

"Would you like some chocolate cake?" my mother says awkwardly.

"Um, sure"Aries say smiling.

" Uh, mom let me help you"I say as she is walking to the kitchen.

I follow her and the first thing she says to me "You didn't tell me that he was human"

He isn't, is what I wanted to say but instead I say "You didn't ask"

"But he is cute and a gentleman." She wiggles her brows at me with a playful nudge.

I wrinkle my but blush in spite of myself. "Please never do that again."

"Just trying to be supportive." She smiles.

"Are you mad?"I ask.

"No just surprised" she says smiling.

#######

We walk back to find my dad and Aries sitting on the couch chatting. This is so weird. My mom hands the plate of cake to Aries and he says thank you.

"Oh, I'm going to go get the photo album"my mother says all giddy.

"Okay, that's means it's time to go"I say pulling Aries away from his cake.