1

"You did what?!" Zayn stared at his friend with his mouth and eyes wide open, shock write all over his face, "Louis, you finally had to courage to not just creepily stare at Harry and you ran?! In what world is that a good idea?!" He groaned and dropped his head against the dashboard.

"I was waiting for you and you said I should hurry!" Louis tried, but really it was just an excuse. He knew Zayn wouldn't have mind if he talked to Harry a bit longer. Louis was just a stubborn idiot.

Zayn sighed, "Are you at least gonna talk to him tomorrow?"

"Nope," Louis popped the 'p' and if he wasn't the one driving, Zayn would've punched him.

In Louis' defense, he was 900% sure that the tall, curly wet dream wouldn't even remember him and it would break Louis if he saw Harry looking at him with empty eyes. He knew that the lad would probably pretend to know him because he's always so kind, even to people like Louis. But, no. Louis didn't want a fake smile or a tense conversation only for the sake of being near Harry. He wanted more. But at the same time, he knew he deserved less. Less than the small talk that happened half an hour ago.

You see, Louis didn't fall for Harry from one second to the other; it wasn't love at first sight -even if Zayn and the others he talked to after school believed that-. It was more like... Like a raindrop on a rainy day. His feelings started with just a hint of interest, barely there, but every thing Harry did made his heart swell, his feeling deepen. Like how the rain keeps falling and it starts to form a droplet. It keeps growing and growing until it becomes too heavy to just sit there and it falls. Just like Louis fell for Harry. Unconditionally.

"...- you even listening?" Zayn was turned towards him and Louis blinked. Apparently,they were already parked before Zayn's flat and Louis had no idea how he drove them there without crashing.

"Sure, we can go for pizzas?" Louis tried, knowing that that wasn't what Zayn said... Probably.

"No, tha- wait, yes, that's a great idea. But I didn't say that," Zayn smirked and unbuckled them both, "I asked if you wanted to go to a party. Well, it's not really a question because I already told your mum about it and she said she'd kick you out at eight and won't let you in again... I guess you're gonna sleep at mine tonight too."

I groaned. Sure, it had its benefits when your house was close to the school and you weren't stuck (or loaded like Zayn because who gets his own flat as a birthday present? Oh right, Zayn did) in the dorm, but Louis' mum was always eager to hear the newest gossips from Zayn and she jumped at every chance she got to force her son to be social. Hence this situation.

"Fine," Louis dragged out the 'i' like he did earlier that day and sighed. At least Zayn was going too.

.
.
.
.

True to her word Jay started shoving her son towards the door at eight pm and Louis did everything he could to stall it. His sisters -Lotty and Fizzy- watched amused as his brother failed to mislead their mum. The Tomlinson were all very close, but that didn't meant they held back on each other. With every chance they got they would prank another family member or laugh -and never forget- when one of them did something embarrassing. Unfortunately for Louis, he did lots of embarrassing stuff.

"Mum, I promise, I'll go! Just-- just give me five minutes! I need to-- I need to check something?" It sounded more like a question, but Jay sighed. Her eldest son was a handful, but she knew she couldn't push him too much.

"Did you forget your condoms Lou?" Lottie grinned and Louis mouth dropped open.

"Lottie Tomlinson!" Jay scolded with a small smile on her lips, but as soon as Louis stood on the stairs she added: "I hid some in his wallet, don't rat me out like that."