51

Louis was sitting outside, his legs swinging because he didn't quite reach the ground. The situation reminded him a bit of the first school day. Well, at least he didn't have to go to school anymore. Louis grinned when he looked down, his graduation certificate sat in his bag together with his graduation cap.

At last, Zayn walked up to him, "Hey, Lou Bear, you're still here?" Louis nodded his head with a smile on his face and Zayn chuckled, "Are you still coming over in the evening? We bought some booze to celebrate."

"Of course, I'm coming, who do you think paid for the pizza?"

Zayn blinked at him, "I did."

"Right," Louis grinned, "But I can't let you eat all that on your own, can I? What kind of friend would I be if I did that."

The raven-haired boy rolled his eyes. He wanted to bicker even more, but an arm sneaked around his waist. When Zayn looked up, his eyes met Liam's, and Zayn relaxed into his boyfriend's hold.

"Hey, Lou. Everything alright over there?"

"Yeah, Lima, but if you're going to be cute before my eyes, please do roll along. I'm bitter, I don't need your cuteness."

"Who doesn't need their cuteness?" Niall popped up out of seemingly nowhere and he had a mock-offended look on his face, "Don't worry, Liam, I'm a Ziam fan. Though you're still a close second to Larry."

The three other boys rolled their eyes at the blond. After Nick went to juvenile, Niall started being even more of a fanboy. 'No more distractions' was his argument when he was asked why he was acting like more of a fan now than before.

"Speaking of Larry, where's Harry?" Zayn looked around as if the person in question would suddenly show up, "I haven't seen the dude much after his trial. Is he still stuck?"

Louis smiled, "Now, that's for me to know and for you to ask, my dear Zaynie. But, don't you have to go back to your family? They're waiting."

"What about you?" Niall asked, tilting his head to the side.

"They already went home, I told them I needed to pick something up first."

The other boys nodded. After the scene in the bathroom when Nick went down, Louis often wanted some time for himself. Not that he didn't want to be near his friends, but the boy needed some space to process. Thus, Liam, Zayn, and Niall all went back to their families after waving goodbye. And a few minutes later, Louis was almost the only person nearby the school. The brunet was still swinging his legs and he even hummed a song, closing his eyes to enjoy the breeze.

Everything that happened that year was starting to become a blur, details were becoming foggy. Only the moments Louis spent with Harry were still crystal clear. It didn't bother Louis that he didn't remember every detail, that's why he had his friends after; to put pieces of their memories together when they hang out and talked about the past. The most important part was still engraved in the brunet's mind, so he couldn't care less if he ended up forgetting which colour of pants he wore on the day Nick transferred in, or even if he ended up forgetting who the hell Nick was again. See, Louis only tried to remember important people; not that.

Louis still had his eyes closed and a smile grew on his face when he heard a pair of footsteps approaching him.

"Hey, are you looking for someone?" A very familiar voice spoke up and Louis opened his eyes, blue meeting green, "Would you mind if I sat down beside you?"

"Hm," Louis tapped his chin, as if he was thinking what he would reply, "Sure, Harry, you can sit here. But I hope you're not going to ask me if I'm new again."

Harry laughed as he sat down and immediately swung an arm around Louis, "I'm pretty sure I remember seeing your face around here now. Though I wouldn't mind having a daily reminder, just to be sure I don't forget what you look like."

"Is that an invitation to live together, Harold? Smooth as always." Louis rested his head on the other's shoulder, closing his eyes once again while enjoying Harry's company. T

he memory of them being so nervous when they first met face to face played off in both their minds and they both had a loving smile on their face,

"Are you done with pretending to reflect on your actions?" Louis asked. When Harry's trial ended, the judge told him to go home and stay inside for a bit to reflect on his actions. To be honest, it was a bullshit punishment, but they couldn't let him walk off without something after Nick ended up in a coma for a month and a bit.

Harry snorted, "I got a call from the judge the day after, telling me how I should lay low a bit, so the parents of Nick didn't drag me before to court again. That's the only reason I didn't come back to school to celebrate that that guy got what he deserved."

"Wanna send him some flowers and cookies?" Louis smirked, and Harry rolled his eyes at the sarcasm, "He might need it, he's been placed in a solitary block because the other inmates didn't quite like him. Apparently, he had been messing around with a few gangs too."

"Too bad I don't care about him. I'm too busy loving the right people to give Nick the time of day." As a reply, Louis snuggled closer to Harry and the latter tightened his hold on his boyfriend, afraid one of them would fall off the fence with all Louis' wiggling.

After the two of them talked for a bit longer, they went to the Tomlinson's house where Harry's family was already seated around the table. They celebrated that the two boys finally graduated, and the two families were almost as bad as Niall when it came down to fangirling and fanboying because of the cute moments between Harry and Louis.

At the end of the day, when Louis and Harry were laying next to each other in bed (after partying with their friends), Harry turned around from his position as the little spoon.

"Lou? Are you still awake?"

Two blue eyes opened, and Harry thanked the dim light because Louis wasn't in any mood to talk when the short boy was tired.

"I want to ask you something, it's important."

Louis sighed but pulled Harry closer, which the lad took as a sign that he could talk.

"You know, I really love you Lou, and I can't imagine what it would be like if you weren't here besides me. I realize that we had our fair share of drama, and I know that we're both still young -we don't even have a job yet-, but that doesn't matter to me. I want you to know that I'll always be there for you, I'll always stand by you, even when no one else is behind you. Louis, I know that you are the one for me. I can't imagine that I'll ever feel this for anyone else. You're my home, Lou." Harry took a deep breath, "Will you please marry me?"

"Are you serious?" Louis' eyes were glossy from the tears he was holding in, "How dare you ask me like that? I couldn't prepare myself, I swear you're trying to give me a heart attack, you-" Louis gulped, "Yes! I would love to be stuck with you forever, Harry."

And maybe the two families of the boys were listening at the door, pulling and pushing each other to hear everything while Lottie and Gemma were filming it from the tiny gap in the door, but, hey, no one wanted this moment to get lost in the sea of memories, right?

*The End*