10

Louis woke up with the weight of another body pressing him down and he groaned. It wasn't the first time he woke up in those kind of situations -although it being Niall instead of Zayn was quite the difference-. The older boy pushed the blonde off him and when he heard a thud he almost wanted to apologize, but the snores that erupted from the other's mouth stopped him.

"Would sleep through a bloody bombing," Louis huffed, but he smiled fondly at his friend.

It was weird how it all develops so suddenly. Zayn had always tried to drag Louis to social events or pleaded the boy to at least meet his friends, but Louis always declined. When the he noticed the wet dream called Harry Styles, the blue eyed boy didn't know what hit him. Truth be told, Louis was tempted to give into Zayn's demands and go with him to hang out with Harry, but Louis told himself he didn't deserve it and that it would attract attention. Now that Louis knew Niall, Harry and even Liam, he realized just how stupid he was.

"BooBear, can you come down?" His mum's voice echoed through the house and Louis climbed over the piles of clothing, shoes and schoolwork.

"Coming!" He answered after gently kicking Niall so the lad would at least open one eye (before closing it again after he discovered he could still sleep half an hour before he had to curse, rush to be ready, race to school and be late).

"It's been a while since you had anyone over that wasn't Zayn," Jay smiled at her son and ruffled his hair with a mixture of fond and proudness on her face.

"You make it sound like I'm a hermit."

"I make you sound like one?" Jay snorted and shook her head, "Love, you acted like one so you don't need me for that."

Louis' mouth opened and closed like a fish because he wasn't able to give any retort. His mum kind of slayed him and he couldn't do anything but surrender to her.

"Morning Lou," Fizzy walked over and hugged her brother while Louis rolled his eyes at her, but hugged her back after a few seconds.

"Félicité, can you help me with making breakfast while Louis sets the table? I don't want another fire in the kitchen so, Lou, you're banned from trying to help."

"Hey!" Louis placed his hand on his heart in mock offense and both his mum and sister scoffed.

"Lou, we've seen your cooking. Don't even try to deny that it's bad," And okay, yes. Louis couldn't even cook to save his life.

When everything was set out and Louis had attempted to wake Niall five times, Jay and Fizzy were done with the pancakes and it was almost magical how the smell of food suddenly summoned a wild Niall. Louis shrieked (a very manly one mind you) when the lad suddenly jumped up and ran downstairs so he could eat the food like some hungry animal that had t been fed for months.

"Miss T., I love your food! Do you think you could adopt me?" Niall asked around a mouthful and Jay laughed.

"Sure, just move into BooBear's room, but if you dare to hurt my boy I'll make sure to only serve kale when you're here."

The pure horror on Niall's face was enough to make all the others laugh so hard they had to take a break from eating -which of course resulted to Niall eating parts of their breakfast.

****

"Louis, you're finally here!" Zayn opened the door on the passenger side of the car.

"Blame it on the leprechaun. He didn't want to leave the table when he heard that Daisy and Phoebe were going to eat some more after us."

Zayn stole a glance at the Irish lad behind them and snickered. He didn't know that Niall slept over at Louis' and it stung a bit when he realized that he now had to share his best friend, but he knew that he couldn't just take Louis back and tell him to not contact the others anymore. Besides, Niall, Liam and Harry were awesome to be around. They would never hurt the small guy next to him... And if they dared to, Zayn would be the first to return the favor a thousand times worse.

--------

This is like a really short update... Sorry, but I'm struggling a tiny bit with the plot. This was supposed to be a short story, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do that anymore.
Sorry again about the tiny update.

Thanks for reading!