23

Harry and Louis finally found enough control over themselves to separate and go down to their friends. Niall was the first one that saw the duo and his eyes widened when he saw that his two friends were holding hands. Before he could fanboy though, Louis hushed him and the small brunette let go of his crush' hand -and if Harry bit back a whine because he didn't want to be separated from Louis, no one had to know-.

"Welcome back." Niall grinned, but to Louis' luck he didn't say anything else.

Zayn's head jerked up and his eyes scanned over Louis to make sure he was okay. A sigh of relief escaped him when he saw the smile on his best friends lips and he mirrored the expression. Liam just raised an eyebrow at Harry -as if to ask him how it all went- and nodded when Harry subtly held up his hand to tell Liam to wait.

"So, who set this all up?" Louis asked with a fake scowl and he glared at Zayn, "Zaynie, you asked me to get your bag, so I know you were in it."

"What do you mean? None of us--" Niall started, but quickly got interrupted by Liam.

"We all were. Niall planned it, Zayn got you to the old music room and I asked Harry to wait there for me."

"Li, why would you--"

"They would've figured it out anyway." Liam shrugged and Niall pouted because he got interrupted twice now and his sneaky plan may have succeeded but it was a lot less sneaky than he wanted it to be.

"I would love to get back at you guys, but it actually went well, so... It's okay." Louis let out a breath and looked at Harry over his shoulder. The tall and friendly giant was grinning at Louis and the dimples were tempting the blue eyed boy. Louis really wanted to poke them... And maybe he wanted to continue what they were previously doing too, but who would blame him when he had a curly haired god before him?

"Alright, I'm gonna go home before I puke rainbows." Niall snorted, but his fond expression betrayed the actual feeling the boy had.

"Oh, okay." Harry's eyes flickered to Niall before they quickly found their way back to Louis, "I probably should go too, but how about tomorrow? We can all meet up then?"

Liam nodded, Zayn just shrugged while Louis hummed approvingly, "Sure, curly. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Oh, don't mind us. It's not like we'll be there too," Niall mumbled as he waved his goodbye and smirked when he left his friends behind him. He was the only one that knew how adorable his ships were and he felt kind of honored. Harry and Louis were the perfect match in his eyes and he was two hundred percent sure that Ziam would be just as strong.

****

The rot home was rather quiet and Louis genuinely thought Zayn wouldn't ask him what happened. Louis really thought that him being friends with Harry was the only thing the three others cared about when they started their little plan.
It all went well until Louis parked his car on his mum's driveway and unlocked the trunk so they could get their bags.

"So, what happened?"

"Fuck, were you waiting to ask me this right before we went in? That's evil, Z! Nothing happened and I know you don't believe me and you'll probably ask me again inside where my mom and sisters can hear me and that's vile." Louis huffed, slammed his trunk closed and just stood there. There was no way he was going in while they were still on the same subject.

"I just don't believe you. You guys were up there for so long." Zayn shrugged, "You know I'm not afraid to use your family against you if that means I, getting my answer."

"I have a bad influence on you, Mr. Malik."

The two boys stared at each other, waiting for the other to cave in. Normally, Louis wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut and he would spill everything, but he and Harry had come up with a plan and there was no way he could betray his frog faced love.

They were in the mid of their little staring contest when Louis' phone beeped and the brunette looked down to see who disturbed him.

New message: Neil

"Give me two seconds to see why the leprechaun needs me and I'll go back to not telling you anything."

Zayn opened his mouth, but stopped and closed it again when Louis started trying to get his phone out of his pocket.

Neil: you were right about Ziam! They were sitting next to each other and Liam's arm was around Zayn! I might have disturbed them a bit when I saw it, but it was so cute I thought I was going to die, so sue me!

Neil: also, I saw you and Harry holding hands. Give me the details.

Louis' eyes grew wide and he couldn't order his muscles to close his mouth again after the first message -the second one only made him roll his eyes, but that text wasn't nearly as interesting to him as the first-.

"I bloody knew it!" The brunette yelled and even jumped a bit, "You and Liam do feel something, right? All that bullshit about you guys just being friends was so fake I thought Barbie might get jealous and now it turns out I was right!"

"What are you even talking about, Lou?" Zayn's voiced wavered a bit at the end and a Cheshire Cat-like grin spread across Louis' lips.

"You and Liam were hugging! Niall texted me because he saw you two and-- I bloody knew it!"

The brunette was jumping around and laughing like a maniac. Zayn would love to shut his friend up, but how could he when he was too busy trying to suppress a blush so he wouldn't give himself away completely?

"Mum! Lottie! Fizzy! I need to tell you something!" Louis ran towards the door and pushed it open while yelling on top of his lungs, "I was right! You all own me five bucks!"

-----

I do better with 1k chapters 😅🙈 but I'll try to double the words for the next update?

Also: THIS STORY REACHED 5k!! Thank you guys so much!!
I read all of the comments and it honestly made my day(s)! I might not react to all of them (and I'm sorry, but I feel like I'd just annoy y'all 😂), but know that I appreciate it!!

Q: do you have friends that you ship?
(I ship a girl from Texas that I met online with my brother)